Kalirel heaters

Comments

• Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    tobefair wrote: »
    You have to be realistic. All source of heat are expensive these days and with Kalirel control of cost is at your fingertips.

My quote for installing gas central heating in one bedroom flat was £2400. This would involve lot of mess, pipes, knocking the hole thro' outside wall for venting the boiler, time off work, rearangement of the kitchen/cupboard etc.

I've decided to go all electric and remove gas from my flat. First - I save on not paying gas standing charge, next - to install Kalirel will cost me only £1100 with remote controller. No mess, no internal pipes, no leaks, no annual boiler inspection, no gas certificates if I decide to rent my flat. Installation will take 1-2 hours. I can set the thermostat to times/temperatures required, as oposed to storage heaters.The radiators look good. You get what you are paying for. What is there to moan about?

You can get an oil filled radiator with a built in thermostat for under £30.
    There are models with timers and/or you can get remote controlled socket.

The advantages of electric heaters are as you say above - but why pay £1,100 for something that gives out the same heat for the money as the cheapest electrical heater on the market; and of course there is no more expensive way to heat available.

At least if you get gas, if available, it will enhance the value of your property; and you should be able to command a higher rent.
  • Cardew
    tobefair wrote: »
    Hi, I agree with what you said and can only repeat - you get what you are paying for, it is an individual choice.

Kalireli radiator look smart, it is wired in, hangs on the wall, has remote control for separate heating zones - no loose leads, separate switches, separate timers etc - perfect for the modern flat .

You can ask why to buy BMW if Kia does the same job :) - it provides means of transport, it is cheaper to run, is it not?

The objection people have to Kalirel(and similar systems) is their advertising.

These adverts imply that they somehow produce more heat for the money than 'lesser' heaters; when they are the most expensive form of heating available.

This is a money saving website. If people, in full knowledge of the facts, want to spend £thousands for something that could cost £10s then of course that is totally their prerogative.

'Style over substance' comes to mind
  • stevehead
    stevehead Posts: 215 Forumite
    The Moneywastingexpert Forum would be a better place to discuss your Kalirel system. Sheeesh... costs a fortune to buy, costs a fortune to run; why not just set fire to a pile of £5 notes it'd work out cheaper.
  • daveyjp
    daveyjp Posts: 12,505 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Having looked on their website it seems to be full of meangingless graphs and documents to cover how wonderful their system is - classic snake oil tactics - look at 'fuel saving magnet' websites for similar examples.

Bottom line is any electric heater will do the same job, but cost you much less than £1100. £30 per heater with timer and thermostat should be enough.
  • Cardew
    daveyjp wrote: »
    Having looked on their website it seems to be full of meangingless graphs and documents to cover how wonderful their system is - classic snake oil tactics - look at 'fuel saving magnet' websites for similar examples.

Bottom line is any electric heater will do the same job, but cost you much less than £1100. £30 per heater with timer and thermostat should be enough.

Exactly the point I have been making for a couple of years - their website is a disgrace IMO.

I wonder what 'tobefair' will post about costs! Few people are prepared to be totally objective about systems they have bought and paid huge amounts for installation.

It is also unusual for someone to join MSE with their only posts being on the virtues of a system they have yet to fit!!
  • I put Kalirel rads in some flats I manage. Some rads broke within a month. I cannot contact Kalerial, all their numbers are dead and their addresses that I was given have been vacated. The radiator heating system, with the expensive cyclopes only work at exorbitant unpayable prices. However you program them the will run at expensive time. I paid for them to send their own electrician to program the cyclop timers and he got it all wrong.

They cost more than any conventional heaters I have ever used. I lots most of my tenants in the first six months of having this system. I now need to change our heating system to get something useable. Are there any ideas as to what I can do about this situation? I paid over 15,000 for the system and now I cant contact them. Help!
    :eek: :eek:
  • Cardew
    I put Kalirel rads in some flats I manage. Some rads broke within a month. I cannot contact Kalerial, all their numbers are dead and their addresses that I was given have been vacated. The radiator heating system, with the expensive cyclopes only work at exorbitant unpayable prices. However you program them the will run at expensive time. I paid for them to send their own electrician to program the cyclop timers and he got it all wrong.

They cost more than any conventional heaters I have ever used. I lots most of my tenants in the first six months of having this system. I now need to change our heating system to get something useable. Are there any ideas as to what I can do about this situation? I paid over 15,000 for the system and now I cant contact them. Help!
    :eek: :eek:

You can try trading standards.

However many firms marketing products that cost the earth to buy, and run, simply go out of business. No idea if that is what has happened to Kalirel.

If they are out of business, watch out for 'son of Kalirel'!!!
  • Try IntelliHeat, Inner Lodge All Saints, Weeting IP27 0QJ Tel: 01842 814489. E [EMAIL="info@intelligentheat.co.uk"]info@intelligentheat.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • Forgive me if I miss out on some points but from experience of lots of heating systems, 99% of the time the problems come down to being sold what you are willing to pay for and not what you actually need. In addition not actually being correctly demonstrated how to use the system, how to optimise the system, how to correctly run the system and then finally having follow up calls, visits, etc. to make sure the system works for you.
  • For £15000, I'd expect to get what I need!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure