dla and car insurance

Comments

• pauliboo
    pauliboo Posts: 103 Forumite
    I have a Motability car.

The Excess is £75
    The Good Condition Bonus is paid at the end of her 3 year lease - It's £250

Why don't you ask her to go to a SMART repairer, a few of us with Motability cars have done this in the past, they typically charge less than £100 to remove a scratch.
    Google "SMART Repair"

I've used a SMART repairer called ChipsAway on private cars too - and never been charged more than £100 for panel repairs.
    Unite Disability Champion & Equality Rep
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Jahlove wrote: »
    Saying that if your truely belive your child did do it it would be the honorable thing and try and work out a way to pay for it, her quote is ridiculous though she is deffinelty trying it on, company's like chips away will do a cracking crap job for a couple of hundred quid.

Fixed that for you.

Touch up jobs done by the likes of Chips Away are always noticeable, especially to people who actually care about cars. Definitely not something I'd settle for to repair damage that's not my fault.

Plus we don't know if this is a little tiny scratch or if the kid has been drawing pictures on the side of the car.

£1300 sounds about right for a proper job at an insurance approved garage, and as stated above repairs to a motability car need to be done be approved repairers.

The insurance situation still sounds a bit suss, but the prices and repair method seem reasonable to me.
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    pauliboo wrote: »
    I have a Motability car.

The Excess is £75
    The Good Condition Bonus is paid at the end of her 3 year lease - It's £250

Why don't you ask her to go to a SMART repairer, a few of us with Motability cars have done this in the past, they typically charge less than £100 to remove a scratch.
    Google "SMART Repair"

I've used a SMART repairer called ChipsAway on private cars too - and never been charged more than £100 for panel repairs.

This would still have to be done at an approved garage?
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
  • QuackQuackOops
    QuackQuackOops Posts: 2,667
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The car doesnt belong to your neighbour, it belongs to Motobility and she doesnt pay insurance, thats automatically included.

So tell her to inform them of the damage and if THEY want to come after you and your child for the money then thats fine, but you will not be giving money directly to her.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,647
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Do nothing...its tough but thats how it is.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The car doesnt belong to your neighbour, it belongs to Motobility and she doesnt pay insurance, thats automatically included.

So tell her to inform them of the damage and if THEY want to come after you and your child for the money then thats fine, but you will not be giving money directly to her.

Exactly :T:T

The lady is telling you porkies. Do as QQOoops says and wait.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It was your kid that damaged your neighbours car start taking responsibility and do what ever it takes to sort your neighbours car out. instead of trying to get out of it. Glad you dont live next door to me. Little brat.
  • MightyB_2
    MightyB_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Do not pay this woman. She is breaching the terms of her own insurance and Motability agreement by failing to report it. Sounds to me like she is trying to extract cash from you as well as taking the benefit of the repair she will get.

To other posters calling the OPs child a brat - shame on you. I'm not a parent myself but still appreciate you can't keep them on a leash and they sometimes do things that are undesirable. To call a 4 year old a brat for something like this is a bit over the top. :mad:
  • paddedjohn
    paddedjohn Posts: 7,512
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    MightyB wrote: »
    Do not pay this woman. She is breaching the terms of her own insurance and Motability agreement by failing to report it. Sounds to me like she is trying to extract cash from you as well as taking the benefit of the repair she will get.

To other posters calling the OPs child a brat - shame on you. I'm not a parent myself but still appreciate you can't keep them on a leash and they sometimes do things that are undesirable. To call a 4 year old a brat for something like this is a bit over the top. :mad:

Well ive got kids and grand kids and none of mine have ever done anything like this before so i think the poster who called the kid a brat is spot on. Your kids are a reflection of yourself and it looks as if the OP isnt taking the actions of her kid serious enough. Maybe you cant keep them on a leash but you certainly shouldnt be letting them play out in the street out of sight at 4 years old, if you were a parent you would probably have a different view.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
  • Anubis_2
    Anubis_2 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    I never let mine on the street at that age, I must admit. It was the back yard, where they had a sand pit and water trough on a stand with little toys to play in both. We also got them a tent connected to a tunnel leading to another tent - they loved that toy.

All under supervision, and neighbour's children came and played with them. I think they were about 6 or 7 before going in the street as we live about 10 yards from a main road. They were under supervision at all times and told not to go passed our house or the lamp post 10 yards up the street.

If you are on a cul-de-sac and not near a main road or have front garden, I guess its different but four is still very young to be on the street IMHO. Each to their own I guess.
    How people treat you becomes their karma; how you react becomes yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure