Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 January 2010 at 5:11PM
    Kal2k there are a number of problems with your post

First you are spamming the forum which is against the rules

Second are you aware that it is against the law to pretend to be a satisfied customer on a web forum when you are employed or associated to the company unless you make your position very clear. If your not aware of the law look up the Unfair Business Practices.

Thirdly if you have comprhensive cover all drivers have the same cover

Fourthly you are covered for third party only when driving other cars (and there are limits on what cars you can drive) not third party fire and theft so for someone who is spamming for this company you know very little about insurance which should serve as a warning.

Five you are breaching the FSA rules, I will be sending an email to the FSA informing them of your actions. Could you do yourself a favour and shout over the office to your compliance officer that he will shortly be hearing from the FSA

Email sent to whistle@fsa.gov.uk and a copy of the email sent to the offending website along with a screen print of the pot prior to MSE deleting it

Edit I did email a cc to the email address on their website but got a delivery failure notice, very professional.

So my personal opinion (Nothing to do with MSE) is DO NOT USE isavedmoney.co.uk they spam and their spammers do not even understand how insurance works which is not a great combination...
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,955
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 25 September 2010 at 7:16PM
    some come across this post when searching for something else: the website dacouch rightly exposes is owned by firm that has been discussed a fair few times before over the years here for spamming.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    DerryBoy wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just passed my test and I'm now looking to buy my first car. I have been advised that I should buy an old car as I will probably get a few bumps and dents. However, I am interested by the possibility of buying a new car, something small, that has free insurance for at least a year. I am 26.

Please can anyone advise if they know of any deals that are currently available with free insurance? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

You could also try the Peugeot 'Just Add Fuel' scheme

For example on the Peugeot 207 it says you get

"From around £207^ per month for a 207 Millesim you’ll get everything you need to get on the road, with complete peace of mind, for three years:

Free Comprehensive Motor Insurance†
    Servicing
    Breakdown Cover
    Road Tax*
    Warranty"

Go to Peugeots website - click 'Showroom' at the top, then latest offers and it'll tell you more
  • Ian_W
    Ian_W Posts: 3,778
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    adamc260 wrote: »
    Go to Peugeots website - click 'Showroom' at the top, then latest offers and it'll tell you more
    Erm, I think the OP might be sorted by now - given his post was in April 2008! ;)

Payless, old chap, long time no see. What you doing thread resurrecting?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • adamc260
    adamc260 Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    Ian_W wrote: »
    Erm, I think the OP might be sorted by now - given his post was in April 2008! ;)

Well :D if hes interested in a new free insurance deal :P
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,955
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ian_W wrote: »

Ian, yep been a bit of a stranger here for the last 12m, as decided to do some studies, plus have to admit its (MSE) not really the same these days .
    ( didn't know you were a Lanzarote fan - one of my preferred holiday locations)

As mentioned this thread came up when I was searching for something else.... thought I'll comment as the sister site of the one Dacouch mentioned had been very naughty in the past in spamming... amazingly even with this history - they are actually mentioned as a potential good route in one of Martin's insurance articles .
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • Hi,

Does anyone know which car manufacturers still do schemes with free car insurance? My wife currently has zero NCB so I'm looking at the option of buying a new car which has free insurance. So far I can only find Peugeot doing this with their "just add fuel" deals.

Thanks.
  • Very interested in this subject! Does anyone know more about such schemes?
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,046
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We get a years’ free insurance through FordFleet

Apart from that, it maybe worth asking them to chuck this in as part of the package?

Mini were doing £99 insurance when I ordered my niece’s car, Mini Cooper D. Added myself as a named driver to get this!
    💙💛 💔
  • newfoundglory
    newfoundglory Posts: 1,912
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Not convinced free/cheap insurance is worth it. If you shop around, you will often get a few thousand off the cost of the car, which will more than cover the cost of taking out the insurance policy. But, if you can get the car cheap AND the free insurance thats a difference matter...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure