Why does my Barclaycard not appear in my Experian credit report?

Hi there,

This may be a very dumb question, but why do my Barclays Current account and Barclaycard Platinum (both held for 10 years) not show up on my Experian credit file?

Not necessarily a problem (my credit is good without it), but it seems a really strange thing to be missing.

Is there a particular reason why this should be? Is there anything I could/ should do about it?

Tons and tons of thanks in advance!

PS Hope this is in the right place - let me know if not!

Comments

• fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Could be that Barclays don't report to Experian, maybe they only report to Equifax.

I'm sure someone can confirm this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    fozmcfc wrote: »
    Could be that Barclays don't report to Experian, maybe they only report to Equifax.

I'm sure someone can confirm this.

I was just going to post the same. I believe they are Equifax only these days.
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    My Barclaycard has always shown on Experian.

It has done for the last few years.
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • Hax
    Hax Posts: 890 Forumite
    My BarclayCard Initial (held since Spetember last year) shows on Experian.
    My posts are my own opinions based on my experiences and info gathered from sites such as this.
    They are not a substitute for professional financial advice - but you knew that already didn't you? ;)
    VSP 2011 - Member #25 - Started 6th December 2010 - Total As Of 4th May 2011 (21 weeks in!) - £323.67/£500 - So far so good!
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,499
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 11 January 2011 at 3:32PM
    My Natwest Mastercard has never shown up on Experian - I've had it since 1975!!!
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    brewerdave wrote: »
    My Natwest Mastercard has never shown up on Experian - I've had it since 1975!!!

The tidy agreements between banks and other financial companies to share data didn't exist back then, Ford Cortina 1.6GLs did though :rotfl:
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hax wrote: »
    My BarclayCard Initial (held since Spetember last year) shows on Experian.
    KingElvis wrote: »
    My Barclaycard has always shown on Experian.

It has done for the last few years.

Opps. Sorry.

In my defence, fozmcfc led me into a false sense of security. :)
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Opps. Sorry.

In my defence, fozmcfc led me into a false sense of security. :)

LMAO, yeah blame it on me :D
  • Hax
    Hax Posts: 890 Forumite
    LOL @ you two :D

To the OP - you might want to check your reports from Equifax and CallCredit - they may contain these accounts.

Failing that, it could be some sort of identity mismatch with Experian. I've read stories of people having two sets of data because of slight differences in the way their address is entered (for example). If this is the case, then I'm sure if you call Experian they'd be able to help hunt down and consolidate the missing data.
    My posts are my own opinions based on my experiences and info gathered from sites such as this.
    They are not a substitute for professional financial advice - but you knew that already didn't you? ;)
    VSP 2011 - Member #25 - Started 6th December 2010 - Total As Of 4th May 2011 (21 weeks in!) - £323.67/£500 - So far so good!
  • jen245
    jen245 Posts: 1,606
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Isn't it something to do with accounts opened before a certain date, don't show up on your credit report? I believe its accounts opened pre 2000. I had a Barclays bank account opened in 1999, which isnt on my report, but my barclaycard opened in 2000 does show, on both my experian and equifax reports. Both accounts were closed mid 2005.
    Debt free and staying that way! :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport