National Window Scrappage Scheme

Hi

Has anyone looked into this. Anglian Windows are saying you can get £2000 off their windows with this scheme.

Would like to know if anyone has looked into this before I ask them to come and quote.

Thanks

Comments

• vaio
    vaio Posts: 12,287 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's just a marketing ploy, get other quotes too
  • Bonbon
    Bonbon Posts: 564 Forumite
    I agree with vaio.They probably increase the price first, then reduce to normal, claiming it's a scrappage deal.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Other lies they peddle without the inflating prices and if you buy now we lower by 30% clap trap is this

1. We are in the area as your area is a neighbourhood watch scheme (we are not) we have to by law notify all the residents in that street and ask them if they need security windows. They did not stay long before I told them to pee off nicely

2. The council doing energy wastage in area by taking photos of the houses to show you any energy loss is, so far so good

Then you get the spiel about well you windows/doors might not be up to standard we can arrange for a free quote

I dont give any of these liars any more of my time, and certainly any company that comes cold calling can nicely pee off
  • http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/windowscrappage/ it is a marketing ploy with them especially when last date for signing the petition for it is march 2010
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
  • You have to ask why does the government let them get away with it, pretending to sound like a government backed scheme like the car scrappage scheme. Worth a shout to the ASA and get these misleading adverts put to an end.
  • Just complained, if anyone else wants to too, the online form is here:
    http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/complaints_form/
  • skiTTish
    skiTTish Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Why compalin ,I dont think anyone would be fooled into thinking it was a government scheme ?!?
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    God, aren't there some clever people about, who would ever have thought of jumping on the back of the car scrapage scheme to con customers into thinking they were getting a bargain when they bought windows.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    we got as local company to do ours as we could
    not afford to get them all done at once we have
    been getting them done one and two at a time
    so far its not even amounted to £2000 and we
    only have the back door and a small window left
    to do.These big companies are often very expensive
    Ask about like we did and find out where everyone
    else local got theirs
    :j:j:j
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Agli home improvements are owned by 'Limelight'. The same company who own 'Zenith', 'Moben', 'Dolphin', 'Sharpes' and at least one other double glazing company I can't remember the name of.

Limelight's owner is known throughout the business world as a well dodgy geezer. I had one of his 'sales' reps round to quote me on windows, as usual, the price dropped over the following week from £3850 (for 3 windows) to £2000.

I ended-up using a local company who fitted the same spec windows AND plasti-wood window sills for £1250.

Anyway, if we all follow the asa link and complain, then something might get done.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure