Hiring Things Out Ideas

2»

Comments

• eZonomics wrote: »
    Apologies - it was not an attempt to spam, simply thought a bit of research on this topic might be of interest.

Perhaps a better way to have put it would have been "according to a poll I read on a website...." rather than directly promoting your own site. MSE have to justifyably careful of poeple promoting their own businesses on the forums here as it can mislead people who are loking for genuine help and advice from the not inconsiderable body of wisdom of people on here....

Regarding the OP - I like the idea sounds as though you may have something. Probably you need to be looking at stuff / facilities that are expensive to buy for a one off but there is a steady demand for (that's why the tool hire thing works)
  • Hi

I think for many Londoners their will be many opportunities to rent out their spare room, car space or even storage whilst the Olympics are on. They can also take full advantage of tax free earnings under the Government's "Rent a Room" scheme.

A great site that could help with this is mythings4hire .
  • jhp
    jhp Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    happy332 wrote: »
    Hi

I think for many Londoners their will be many opportunities to rent out their spare room, car space or even storage whilst the Olympics are on. They can also take full advantage of tax free earnings under the Government's "Rent a Room" scheme.

A great site that could help with this is XXXXXX

Second time you have promoted your own site in this thread.:eek:
  • There is a family near me that hires bouncy castles, sumo suits, bouncy slide, chocolate fountains etc, etc. They've got loads! They're known by everyone and do kids birthday parties, weddings, night clubs to school summer fetes.
  • If you have a nice home and a spare bit of floor then rent it out on AirBnB.com

The key is taking awesome photos! :)
  • mila_30
    mila_30 Posts: 21 Forumite
    happy332 wrote: »
    Hi

Just reading about the hiring out things. It's a new concept that people or hiring out their unused things. Parking spaces, driveways, garages even a bedroom is up for hire. Nowadays we all need a little extra and you may have something in the shed that could be hired out, it's an endless list. A new site mythings4hire do just this and provide a space for you to advertise your things :Tyou want to hire out. They have an offer on at the moment 6 MONTHS FREE. It's a new idea and a good one.

This so new, I never heard about this before. I will check on it now because I have some space and as well as vehicles that could be use in this new business. Thanks for sharing the information.
  • MattSS
    MattSS Posts: 161 Forumite
    mila_30 wrote: »
    This so new, I never heard about this before. I will check on it now because I have some space and as well as vehicles that could be use in this new business. Thanks for sharing the information.

So new they have one listing! Got to promo a new business somewhere I suppose
    "He hopes and he wished it but it didn’t fall in his lap so he ain’t even here"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure