Noddle Credit Rating 1/5!?

Comments

• Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Doesn't matter what colour late payments are marked in, they will still affect your credit rating. Probably why it's 1/5.
  • Doesn't matter what colour late payments are marked in, they will still affect your credit rating. Probably why it's 1/5.

So whats the difference between a two and a one?

Just extra late payments in a one?

Presume zero is the lowest?
    [STRIKE] Quick Quid[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Orange[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Wonga[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Home Learnimg College[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Zebra Finance Scheme[/STRIKE]
    RBS & Barclays only creditors left!
  • Gordon_Hose
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    2 months late or 1 month late.
  • Ok I think should be two to be honest on that score, but wont lose any sleep over it.
    [STRIKE] Orange[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Wonga[/STRIKE]
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Everything up to date on there but says I'm 1/5?

How right is Noodle or is that just a guide?

A very very crude and inaccurate guide. Honestly, I wouldn't put any stock in what X/5 rating you get on Noddle.

The important thing is that the factual info on the report is correct. Noddle is very useful for checking that. Anything else, not really......
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fermi wrote: »
    A very very crude and inaccurate guide. Honestly, I wouldn't put any stock in what X/5 rating you get on Noddle.

The important thing is that the factual info on the report is correct. Noddle is very useful for checking that. Anything else, not really......

Cheers :j:j:j
    [STRIKE] Orange[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE] Wonga[/STRIKE]
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I had an incorrect "late payment" on my Noddle file (and they rated me 2/5). It was the credit card's fault and they agreed to correct my credit file, which they say they did (on all three agencies). But my Noddle report hasn't been updated for the last two months. Noddle say they update the report every 30 days. Has anyone else found that their Noddle report hasn't been updating properly?
  • Gordon_Hose
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Mine's been updating fine as far as I can see. I have green markers for March and I updated my Noddle report on the 17th March.

The card company are probably blagging you.
  • klint
    klint Posts: 265
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Mine's been updating fine as far as I can see. I have green markers for March and I updated my Noddle report on the 17th March.

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your reply. When you say "I updated my Noddle report" do you mean you have to do something to update it (other than just logging in)? Doesn't it get updated by itself?
    The card company are probably blagging you.

I don't think so. When I looked at my Noddle report a few days ago it said "last updated 31/1/2012". I then queried it with Noddle and they replied that Noddle gets updated every 30 days. But then why is my data 60 days old? Now I've just looked at it again, and it has been updated! I don't know if that was because the Noddle support staff updated it for me following my query. Am I missing something?

(By the way, now I can see that the credit card company really has corrected my data and I have a green marker instead of an amber one. Consequently, my Noddle credit score went from 2/5 to 3/5.)
  • Gordon_Hose
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    No, I just log in once a month and it updates.

So if I logged in on the 17th January I would log in on the 17th March and it would update. Any earlier it doesn't update because you can only get 1 report per calendar month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure