How do I find out if I had PPI?

2»

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    GennaH wrote: »
    I've never had any loans but have had a few credit cards in the past and not sure whether I had PPI. How do I find out if I did? Most of the sites I've seen focus on loans and I have no idea of where to start!
    If these are closed, then you need to Sar each bank and ask for all info they hold on you, this could get you the info you need, do not ask for a specific item you need all info they hold on you, this will cost £10 per bank and they have 40 days to respond.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

If you know the banks you had these with you could ring them and ask if they can find your accounts, give as much info as you can.
  • Hi

Is it £1 or £10?

di3004 wrote:
    Just write to them, enclose a £1 postal order or cheque payment, and request a true copy of your CCA (Agreement), tell them you look forward to receiving this by 12 days of your date of request.

But later amersall wrote:
    If these are closed, then you need to Sar each bank and ask for all info they hold on you, this could get you the info you need, do not ask for a specific item you need all info they hold on you, this will cost £10 per bank and they have 40 days to respond.

Thanks,
    Adam. :)
    Thanks,
    Adam.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    CaPPsiE wrote: »
    Hi

Is it £1 or £10?

di3004 wrote:

But later amersall wrote:

Thanks,
    Adam. :)

The £1 method (section 78 of the CCA) only applies to loans regulated under the consumer credit act with a debt outstanding (i.e. those loans still being repaid). If there is no debt, then s78 no longer applies (i.e. those loans that have been repaid).

The £10 method should be used for repaid loans. However, do remember that there is no requirement to supply a credit agreement with your complaint. That is a myth.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi
    I've had loans over the years as well as credit cards & a car on finance that I paid off early. I'm not sure if I've ever had PPI's?
    Please could you tell me how I start to find out this information?
    I have been with the same bank, Lloyds for years but I do not have any paperwork on any of the loans I've had over the years.
    I recently received a call regarding past PPI's & was informed that they could claim on my behalf for a fee of 39%.
    Can I do this on my own?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've had loans over the years as well as credit cards & a car on finance that I paid off early. I'm not sure if I've ever had PPI's?

Ask the providers.
    I recently received a call regarding past PPI's & was informed that they could claim on my behalf for a fee of 39%.

Its a vatable service too so add another 20% to that.
    Can I do this on my own?

Yes. It is free to complain. You dont need to pay anyone to use the free of charge complaints process.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Avs4272 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I've ever had PPI's?
    Go here;
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance?_ga=1.156566969.340047350.1365283676
    and follow the simple steps.
    Avs4272 wrote: »
    Can I do this on my own?
    Absolutely.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business