IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 27 March 2011 at 10:40PM
    I think why some people are cynical is because in your first post you said "to my astonishment I have just been issued with a CCJ", when in fact you have not. To have a CCJ served against you the case must first go to court, you lose and then you don't pay whatever the judge orders within 28 days . I think that what you meant was that you have been issued with court papers, which is not the same thing.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • I posted my first post about 10 minutes after I received the court papers under a comment which said 'Parking Eye are very easy to ignore. They have never taken anyone to court.' I hope you can understand I was quite upset and angry. I have only just been able to come back on, and can say definitively that I was abused. I do however understand why this was, but it was not nice to read whehn I logged back on the site.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Smithy I am sure people will apolgise for questioning whether you were an Internet troll , you came and posted and didn't offer anything further when asked until now, people conclude you must be a troll it's not nice, and it's not abuse just an opinion on the facts up until then.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    taffy056 wrote: »
    Smithy I am sure people will apolgise for questioning whether you were an Internet troll , you came and posted and didn't offer anything further when asked until now, people conclude you must be a troll it's not nice, and it's not abuse just an opinion on the facts up until then.

Which still begs the question why this one case ???

What the hell are parking Eye up to ??

Could it be they have new Solicitors who have advised them that this is win-able ?
  • Lets hope not lol!

I don't need an apology for the Internet troll business, reading my post back I sounded like a right Nob. Have calmed down since then, just hope I can get this sorted out.
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    Driver8, sorry for the confusion there in the explanation. I had parked on this car park many times previously and had never had to pay. PE had only just taken over the car park so I was unaware I needed to pay. (It is pay and display at a machine, there are no barriers or anything to stop you from entering or leaving). I had parked on the car park twice before I received any correspondence from PE telling me of the 'fine'. Hope that clears that one up.

Halibut, You can keep calling me a troll and I will accept your apology once I post the proof on a website which has actually realised this is serious and on which I have been given sound advice and not been given dogs abuse.

Orford, I am posting it all now on Pepipoo forums.

How do PE know you were the driver as well as the RK, Did you communicate with them at all?
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Where is this car park btw? The location and town would be good.
  • No, I have not communicated with them in any way. I am a bit worried they might police this site and see that I have admitted to driving the car??
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Driver8 wrote: »
    How do PE know you were the driver as well as the RK, Did you communicate with them at all?

A very valid point, and one of the appeal points if this actually goes ahead, the driver of the car is very often not the RK of the vehicle.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • The car park is in the centre of Manchester.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure