Primark complaint

2»

Comments

• Gordon_Hose
    Gordon_Hose Posts: 6,259 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I've never tried a shirt on. I know my size and buy accordingly. If it then didn't fit when I got home, I'd return it.

Sounds like your shopping trip has been left til the last minute and backfired.
  • jkkne
    jkkne Posts: 167 Forumite
    Danger of buying from somewhere like Primark.

Most mid range and decent shops will allow you to try on or offer advice

Next and M&S will measure you neck and offer 'try on' shirts in all styles.

It's all well saying your a 15 but in slim fit, tailored fit, modern fit, regular fit...you could well be something else. Lesson learned
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I, like op, would have wanted to try it on too. It may well be that op doesn't wear shirts often and doesn't actually know what size fits him best!
  • PILES
    PILES Posts: 142 Forumite
    arcon5 wrote: »
    I, like op, would have wanted to try it on too. It may well be that op doesn't wear shirts often and doesn't actually know what size fits him best!

I have never known anyone try on a shirt before buying. Can understand it with trousers and other unpacked items but shirts are packaged and pinned. Most stores would measure you up to help you out. Would people buy a new shirt that had already been worn?
  • pimento
    pimento Posts: 6,239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I'm not a man but for women's clothes a general rule of thumb for me is the cheaper the shop, the bigger size I need.

If I were buying in Primark, I might even go up two sizes.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -- Red Adair
  • piglet25
    piglet25 Posts: 927 Forumite
    Stoptober Survivor
    I have a few tops from Primarni, they range from a size twelve upto a size twenty, I am a size fourteen everywhere else. Always try their stuff on because I think the size truthfulness (!) depends on which sweatshop sticks the labels in
  • Shelldean
    Shelldean Posts: 2,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    my boys always try stuff on, esp as they dont the hassle of going shopping twice!!!

One of the twins has long arms, and lots of things simply dont fit him.
    And I do agree sizes vary such a lot between shops, that you have try things on to ensure they fit.

Primark shirts aren't pinned anyway?? Certainly the one my boys brought to go with their first suits weren't. they was just hung on hangers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure