How long after ESA medical before you get the decision

Jock221
Jock221 Posts: 160 Forumite
edited 6 March 2011 at 8:44PM in Disability money matters
Hello all I am going for my ESA medical this week not Atos, although they are recruiting staff at the minute to start doing these medical in the autumn here. I was just wondering when do i get a decision on the day or how long before I get if I have passed the capability test. As I lost IB last July and haven't received any benefit since then,until I applied for ESA in November and now I have to attend this medical. Are the descriptors much the same. My last capability assessment was a farce with the report stating in could carry my coat and bag with no difficulty, total lies as I actually had neither. I said my mum got my shopping for me and on every page of the report the doctor wrote goes shopping with mother. How can I prevent these lies being written this time around. It's astounding that it's the medical officers word against mine and who's going to believe me, I mean I've been medically retired over 2 years and have only received 13 mths incapacity benefit and then told fit for work despite chronic neurogical neck and shoulder problems, fibromalygia, trigger finger after and aero negative arthritis. I wish I was fit to work 27 years full time employment and now treated like scrounger within society.sorry rant over, I'm sure there's worse affected than me.:eek::eek

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Mine took close to 2 months before i got a decision (medical in august 09, found out in october 09) :)
  • Hi mine took four weeks.
    ally x
    Official DMP Mutual Support Club Member No 30
  • i had mine on the 21st of jan still waiting :(
  • hoggle_2
    hoggle_2 Posts: 483 Forumite
    For those of you waiting to hear I take it you still receive ESA in the mean time?
  • Jock221
    Just to update you all, it's now 3 months since I requested a statement of reasons from my IB appeal that I lost on 15th december,despite many many phone calls and emails I am still waiting. Can anyone advise me what I can do to get this statement of reasons.
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,250
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    My OH has had two ATOS medical assessments and heard from DWP in 7/8 days on both occasions.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• Jock221 wrote: »
    Just to update you all, it's now 3 months since I requested a statement of reasons from my IB appeal that I lost on 15th december,despite many many phone calls and emails I am still waiting. Can anyone advise me what I can do to get this statement of reasons.

Haven't you phoned & chased this up as you have probably run out of time to appeal now?

I'd phone them everyday & be a complete pain until they send it.
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
  • Jock221
    Believe me I have been a total pain and it's not working I did mention the appeal timelimit and I was told that the time starts when I get sent the statement of reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure