Paying In Slips

2»

Comments

• opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    rb10 wrote: »
    Have they not yet integrated their computer systems yet then?? With HBOS, you can use either a Halifax or BOS branch with either account, no need for a paying-in slip.
    It will be interesting to see how well they eventually integrate with Lloyds.

At present, I question the space available in branches to merge the networks. This isn't the time to splash the cash on new premises and be left with bills on two empty high street shops either.

And this is before you consider the complexity of systems!

My mate who's a Lloyds manager tells me they still haven't fully integrated the TSB yet for 10 years ago!
  • Twister84
    Twister84 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    rb10 wrote: »
    Have they not yet integrated their computer systems yet then??

Nope, because RBS and Natwest haven't merged as such, whereas Halifax and BoS have. Natwest was just bought out buy RBS and still operate independently. (different products to RBS etc)

I can't see the above happening either anytime soon.
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • ...slightly OT, but as the experts seem to be here... :)

Can anybody explain why my bank, Barclays, almost (but not) always refuse to fill out a paying-in slip for me if I'm paying in cheques, but will do so without question if it's cash?

A friend banks at Natwest and says she's never had the problem. I mentioned this to a member of staff at my branch of Barclays and she said it was different for Natwest :-S Something to do with not processing the cheques on site, IIRC.

I was just on the phone to Barclays on an unrelated matter, and asked the same question. This time I was told that it was against the law (clearly cobblers, AFAICT) or possibly something to do with a regulatory body :-S

Anyone know the actual reason(s)?

Cheers.
  • ajharris
    ajharris Posts: 135 Forumite
    456789 wrote: »
    Yeah Halifax don't have them - was a bit surprised when HSBC sent me a load of paying in books when I opened some accounts with them

That is one area where HSBC fail miserably. In this respect they are well and truly rooted in the eighties. In this day and age you should be able to hand over your card along with the cash.
    Money is the headache, money is the cure!
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    ajharris wrote: »
    That is one area where HSBC fail miserably. In this respect they are well and truly rooted in the eighties. In this day and age you should be able to hand over your card along with the cash.
    As much as I love the service from HSBC, this is something that really annoys me. If you hand over the card and cash, they still fill in a slip for you. But the thing that bugs me, is that when you hand over a pre-populated slip, they still have to manually type the account details into the computer. Surely it is far easier and more accurate to simply swipe your card?
  • ajharris
    ajharris Posts: 135 Forumite
    glider3560 wrote: »
    As much as I love the service from HSBC, this is something that really annoys me. If you hand over the card and cash, they still fill in a slip for you. But the thing that bugs me, is that when you hand over a pre-populated slip, they still have to manually type the account details into the computer. Surely it is far easier and more accurate to simply swipe your card?

I agree totally with what you have written. HSBC are first class, thier express banking machines, cash deposit machines along with the on line banking are all state of the art. The list of good points is endless. Luckily on the rare ocassion that I do pay in cash I use the machines.

When I have had to fill out a slip it is so annoying.
    Money is the headache, money is the cure!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure