Top Child Trust Funds Article Discussion Area

Comments

• Furness BS offers higher rate of interest for CTF at 3.05%
  • It would be a key issue if the move to convert CTF to Junior ISA happens at least by next budget. That would reduce two categories of tax saving saving product for the providers and investors - savers. That would be a huge voter friendly initiative. There is no loss to the treasury by permitting it.
  • Child trust fund is a very good investment for your children's secure future. such an investment must be made by parents in order to give their children's secure future. And there must be many trust like that.
  • Can anybody advise whether we might be able to invest for our son. He was born in Italy in February 2010 although we now live in the UK. Therefore he was not part of the Child Trust Fund and it appears he's not eligible for Junior ISA saver either. I'd like to put money away for him as a tax-free University fund but don't know what we can use.
  • Is 1.50% amc ok if that's the only fee?

No platform or upfront

Thx
    £48515 interest £181 (2009)debt/mortgage-MFIT/T2/T3
    debt/mortgage free 28/11/14
    vanguard shares index isa £1000
    credit union £400
    emergency fund£500
    #81 save 2018£4200
  • Sorry wrong thread
    £48515 interest £181 (2009)debt/mortgage-MFIT/T2/T3
    debt/mortgage free 28/11/14
    vanguard shares index isa £1000
    credit union £400
    emergency fund£500
    #81 save 2018£4200
  • thanks for information. its very important to keep save money for children from the very first day of their birth.
  • i have three kids, can you tell me what i can are the benefits they can get if i get them trust funds? does it have a minumum deposit every month? or what?? i really dont have an idea, but i was planning to get one for them.
  • I've just had the letter from F&C informing me that they are to start charging an annual fee of £25+VAT on our "Child Trust Fund Shares Account" from April '13.

For those that have chosen not to contribute any additional payments to the £250 of government money ( worth around £300 5yrs later) you will now be looking at an equivalent fee of 10% per annum !

Time to make a switch. Before I jump out of the frying pan in to the fire, are other share CTF providers ramping up their fees?
  • I'm in the same position as TheRoadster - I've got two CTFs with F&C and am a bit miffed at being forced to fork out £60 a year, for something I was getting for free. They try to smooth the letter out by illustrating that £25+vat becomes less of a percentage charge if you have more money in your account. Whoopy-do!
    So I'm also going to be looking for an alternative. Any advice on alternative suppliers would be appreciated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback