PC World price promise ,match price + 10% (dsi poss under £80 help please)

2»

Comments

• Shimrod
    Shimrod Posts: 1,069 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all,
    I've just been a tad unlucky with PC World and wanted some advice. I bought a laptop at the close of business on Wed night. I traded in my laptop and got £50 off which was great, but first thing thursday they introduced £100 trade in if you buy a laptop over £500, which mine is and then to make it worse lowered the laptop by £25. My question is really, will they price match themselves? sounds so stupid doesn't it? but the person offering the better deal is them!! just days after. It's not been 7 days yet and I'll be prepared to go in tomorrow to talk about it, but I'm really sad about it as that's £75 difference! :eek:

As others have said you can only try. Argos did refund me £40 difference on a fridge/freezer which had dropped in price the day after I ordered it, so some companies will do it.
  • where are you all finding ds, dsi etc at that price for sainsburys...tried the website and nothing comes up?
    Could somebody point me in the right direction please.
  • I got pcworld to price match sainsburys on a dsi-xl, I phoned around to find a sainsburys with stock within 30 miles and took a copy of the sainsburys price page(link below), they didn't bother phoning sainsburys and did it for £105.12 with a free venom safety pack.
    http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/index.asp?PageID=424&Year=2010&NewsID=1417
  • abjem21
    abjem21 Posts: 111 Forumite
    Hi all,
    I've just been a tad unlucky with PC World and wanted some advice. I bought a laptop at the close of business on Wed night. I traded in my laptop and got £50 off which was great, but first thing thursday they introduced £100 trade in if you buy a laptop over £500, which mine is and then to make it worse lowered the laptop by £25. My question is really, will they price match themselves? sounds so stupid doesn't it? but the person offering the better deal is them!! just days after. It's not been 7 days yet and I'll be prepared to go in tomorrow to talk about it, but I'm really sad about it as that's £75 difference! :eek:

It can't do any harm to try, just remember you are not actually entitled to a refund, so be the nicest most polite person you can be to stand the best chance of getting the person serving you on your side. If you get angry and lose your temper you are very very unlikely to get what you want. Trust me, I work in a shop.
    To anyone that tells you "There is no I in team" say no there isn't
    But there ARE TWO I'S IN COMMISSION and I dont get paid "Team"
    ...........:D..........
    Faint Heart, Fair Maiden, Juan NEVER!.
  • I decided just to get the DSi XL at Sainbury's as they also had a Samsung Blu Ray player I wanted marked down to £99 and I had a voucher for double points for purchases over £30, so instead of the hassle I made the one trip, got 2 Christmas gifts and nearly 2000 nectar points. :)

**It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.**
  • abjem21 wrote: »
    It can't do any harm to try, just remember you are not actually entitled to a refund, so be the nicest most polite person you can be to stand the best chance of getting the person serving you on your side. If you get angry and lose your temper you are very very unlikely to get what you want. Trust me, I work in a shop.
    :D I worked in a shop too until last month, I still work in a customer facing environment now so I know not to kick off because it's not nice, the person you kick off at is never the problem, we don't write the rules for the stores, we just get min wage to be shouted at about them ;)
    Thanks to all for the advice, I did get my £25 difference, but not the laptop trade in price as I'd already sort of gathered for myself. I agree with their reasoning that I took the deal on in store that day, and to be fair to them there's not really any POS to suggest the deal is different at all, it only came to my attention on this site (currently to the right of this page) As I've posted previously, what upset me was on the night I traded in the sales man said that I'd not get a better trade in deal than that, that I'd not even get that price for the laptop privately now, only to have it confirmed by the sales man today that there's every chance he'd have known by the next day the deal would be better. They're just doing their job at the end of the day and maximising the sale, but can't help but feel aggitated in a way I just wouldn't be if he'd not said I was getting a good deal if that makes sense. Hey ho, £25 back is a great bonus!
    Saving for Christmas 2023 #51🎄
    £1 a day £36/£365
    Tilly Tidy 🧹 2023
    💸 2023 1% Challenge #9 ☀️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business