Anyone dealt with Arrow Global Before?

Comments

• kathy40uk wrote: »
    Hi

This is what came up when I searched 'Arrow Global' so I hope i haven't missed any I did try to search but probably missed something in my panic so I'm sorry if I have but if I put the question out there it will help.

I had a letter from these people today saying that they had bought a mastercard debt from Lloyds TSB quoting the card number.

I did have a mastercard from Lloyds back in the 90s which I defaulted on and had had a judgement against me in 98/99. This debt was passed on to Cabot which I was paying then in 2003 I went into a dmp with payplan which included this debt. in 2006 I upped my payments with payplan as I was then working and everything was cleared in Feb 2009.

I rang the number on the letter and explained this and also told them that this would have been statute barred anyway (that's right isn't it) and the man was very unhelpful and said that I had ro send proof in writing that this was paid. I explained I had nothing with this card number on as it had been sold on so long ago but that I would try to find some paperwork from Cabot (I am hoping I still have a paid letter somewhere) but this would only have their reference number on it and I got the feeling he was telling me this wasn't good enough as it won't have the original mastercard number on it, I don't really know what to do now, I have e mailed my old advisor at payplan to see if they still have confirmation of payment on file and will be looking through old paperwork in a minute but is there anything else I can do? It is for £929 and I KNOW it has been paid off and am in a bit of a state. Would I be best trying to send them paperwork from the old collection agency if I can find it? even then I'm not sure which of their reference numbers referred to the mastercard and which to the Visa or would I be better off just telling them they can't chase me for it due to it's age? Somehow the latter seems sneaky like I am trying to avoid it which I'm not because it was all paid off.

Sorry if I'm ramnling but this has really upset me this morning

I had a letter yesterday from "Arrow Global" saying they have too bought an old Mastercard debt of mine from LLoydsTSB originally for a few hundred pound. This debt was originally in dispute with Lloyds but their communication on the matter just fizzled out about a year ago. Looks like instead of resolving it they just sold it.
  • kathy40uk
    kathy40uk Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh Lee that's awful :(

DFD Need to August 2027 :(

NSD March 15/20
    NSD April 17/15
    NSD May 13/15

• Hello. I have been chased by solicitors called Shoosmiths representing a company called Arrow Global for a debt they claim to have purchased from Barclaycard - however, I have heard nothing from Barclaycard themselves, with whom I did indeed have a card. I have never heard of Arrow before. This has got as far as them starting proceedings in the Bulk Court; I have received a Claim Form, acknowledged service and intend to disagree with the claim in full and also ask for the case to be transferred to my local court, all of which I have to do this week to be on time.

Now - I had also written to Arrow saying I had never heard of them, acknowledging NO debt to them, then the 'standard' letter requiring a true copy of the alleged agreement, a signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above agreement they allege exists etc. and stating their obligation under S189 of the CCA 1974… etc. – with a £1 PO enclosed. They just wrote back now returning my £1 and saying:

“… We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course.

We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents. …”

My question is: I guess I should still get the court defence document, and also the request for transfer to my local court, back to the bulk court this week? And state in my defence that I dispute the full amount claimed, that I acknowledge no debt to Arrow (who are indeed the claimant on the form), that Arrow have been unable to provide any documentation referring to the debt which they allege to exist and indeed say that they themselves state that they do not accept that they are a creditor of mine.

Can anyone comment as to whether this would be the right way to act and offer any help or words of advice or warning?

With many thanks in advance from a worried forum member. I see that others here have crossed swords with them too!
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Certainly continue to defend the claim if you belive you have grounds.

Might be a good idea to post here for advice on any defence:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • CHR15
    CHR15 Posts: 5,193 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    maintopman wrote: »
    Now - I had also written to Arrow saying I had never heard of them, acknowledging NO debt to them,!

Your debt is little more than a business asset, it can be passed between companies at a whim, you do not have to be informed when the debt is passed to a Debt Recovery Agency.
  • maintopman
    maintopman Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2010 at 5:55PM
    Thanks for those comments. Still, Arrow have been unable to provide any documentation referring to the debt which they allege to exist and indeed say themselves, in writing, that they do not accept that they are a creditor of mine. If they state that and also have been unable to substantiate any alleged debt, how is a court going to give judgement in their favour?
  • Thanks for that link, Fermi - looks to be another excellent site, as this one is too. I am now a 'Beagle Puppy' ( a puppy at my age - lol ).

Well, since they seem unable to provide any evidence that any such debt exists, and also say in writing that they '... do not accept that (they) are the creditor', I should think I do have grounds- don't I? After all, the template letter I used and adapted from MoneySavingsExpert to send to Arrow stated, as per the wording provided here: "As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that may be issued."

Regards, the maintopman
    fermi wrote: »
    Certainly continue to defend the claim if you belive you have grounds.

Might be a good idea to post here for advice on any defence:

legalbeagles. etc.]
  • Greetings everyone

I have a query I hope someone can help me with. Please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong thread as I am new here and found this thread by googling.

After several years of receiving (and ignoring) demands for payment from Arrow Global they finally issued me with a claim form from Northampton County Court. This was for the amount of £449.22 including court fee and solicitor's costs and was dated 26/11/10.

I registered on moneyclaim.gov.uk and disputed the claim on the grounds that I have no idea who these people are and have no recollection of ever entering into an agreement with them. Less than 2 weeks later, lo and behold, solicitors representing Arrow Global wrote to inform me that the claim against me has now been discontinued.

So far so good. However, I've recently looked at my credit report and there is a default against me from Arrow Global issued December 2008 for this same claim.

My question is : Should this default still be there and how do I go about getting it removed?

After years of depression I am finally trying to get my financial life in order (which has been badly neglected) and I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Beres
  • Anybody?

Thanks
  • Greetings everyone

Beres, I believe you can challenge a default on your credit rating, but I'm not sure how you do it.

I received a letter from Arrow Global recently. I have had no previous dealings with them. They say I owe them £521.18, and the debt has been "assigned" to NCO Europe, whoever they are. I do not recognise the account number they have given me in reference to the alleged debt. It looks like an Alliance and Leicester account number, but isn't the same number as my A & L account. These people are a menace.

Comments welcome!

Thanks
    Ryenwine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills