PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

washing up bottle holes getting bigger

they are massive now so you use loads of washing up liquid
so look around for the cheapo washing up liquid and make sure the bottle has a little hole they usually do

swap your expensive stuff into that bottle or if the cap fits on the old bottle just swap caps

the cheap washing up liquid can be used for cleaning the bath etc if you find it useless for the dishes

Comments

• aycor
    aycor Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ;D I mentioned that I used the water bottles with the pull up tops for oil on an other string (don't throw them away) so I cannot see why you cannot do the same with washing up liquid. buy the largest sizes and dispense into small water bottle and agjust the top
  • cathy_3
    cathy_3 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    exellent idea ;D
  • Jolaaled
    Jolaaled Posts: 1,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When you're choosing your washing up liquid from the supermarket shelf, nab the one that's been filled up the most, for a few extra washes!
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    i put mine in a bottle with a pumpa thing, one squirt does all tea dishes. seems to work a treat.
  • Jo13_2
    Jo13_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Have you also noticed how the innards of loo rolls, and the plastic pipe bit that goes into the bottle on pump action ones have also become larger. I've saved my old bottles for decanting, but not sure what to do about the loo rolls.

My first post btw :) Thank you all for your tips - I'm saving a small fortune since I've been ploughing through all the posts. I've more than one excuse for not doing the housework, I'm also crocheting using all my oddments to make a Mrs Weasley cardi, therefore SAVING money. Anyhow, housework uses up too much vinegar!

Jo13
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Erm, wouldn't it be easier just to be a bit more careful and pour less into the washing up bowl?
  • Fran
    Fran Posts: 11,281 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Pal wrote:
    Erm, wouldn't it be easier just to be a bit more careful and pour less into the washing up bowl?
    Has it taken you a year to think of that? :D
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Jo,

Welcome to Moneysaving Old Style.

Keren 29 has a good tip for using up old loo roll innards here.

Pink
  • Pal
    Pal Posts: 2,076 Forumite
    Am I the only one that doesn't bother reading the dates of posts?

Loo roll innards can go on the compost heap to help keep the slugs warm until next spring.
  • I save my loo roll innards to use for growing my sweet peas and runner beans seedlings.

Sweet peas & runner beans have long roots, so need the space before planting out
    Pay all debts by Xmas 12 # 072 £1201.79/£15,105.68:eek:
    2012 Frugal Living Challenge
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #1711
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills