Disposing of Kitchen Knives. How?

Probably the wrong place to post this... but ...ermm.. couldnt find anywhere else to put it.

I have just bought a real nice set of kitchen knives in a block and need to get rid of my old set.
Now, they arent nice enough to give to anyone, so I wondered how to dispose of them.
Dont want to just 'dump' them in the rubbish or go to the dump, because that is asking for someone to get hurt one way or another.

Do you think the police would take them, or am I wasting their time?:confused:
:dance: "Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion". _party_

Comments

• The police will take them and include them in their annual knife amnesty count - making it look as if they have caught people on the streets with them!
    :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
  • Thats what I thought... just need to find out where my local police station is.
    :dance: "Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion". _party_
  • Why not just wrap them up well in cardboard and packing tape and stick them in the bin? Then they will be less potentially harmful than all the glass that gets thrown unwrapped into the rubbish.
    Joe

As through this life you travel,
    you meet some funny men
    Some rob you with a six-gun,
    and some with a fountain pen
  • freecycle? - someone may be very grateful for what you no longer need.
    True wealth lies in contentment - not cash. Dollydaydream 2006
  • seaniboy
    seaniboy Posts: 1,435 Forumite
    local authority skips - metal recyling, dont help the police in their annual knife amnesty count.... they they prob fiddle the figures enough ;)
    If I helped or saved you money - Thank me
    If I helped you spend some money - spank me
    If I done both - :lipsrseal me:eek:
    :D
    ;)
  • rjm2k1
    rjm2k1 Posts: 650
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Can't yu just keep them for those diy jobs you end up grabbing a knife for and regretting breaking it afterwards? If you camp etc, you could use them for that.
  • adonis
    adonis Posts: 1,072
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If you drop them in to the police station make sure there is no tomato sauce on them, you dont want to freak out the desk officer.:eek:
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    can you use them to cut :spam:

reported all the same, we have finer palates on here than to eat Spam:rolleyes:
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • Take them to your local recycling centre (tip) and put it in the metal recycling skip. Thats what I did recently anyway.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 45,936
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    rjm2k1 wrote: »
    Can't yu just keep them for those diy jobs you end up grabbing a knife for and regretting breaking it afterwards? If you camp etc, you could use them for that.
    or all those times you want to heat a knife to cut plastic and end up with black all over it, or a knife would be good for cleaning dried mud out of boots etc ...

Mind you I usually only use small knives for those purposes!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport