Tesco Delivery Saver

2»

Comments

• keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    You can just fill your basket with what ever if you want a xmas slot, they do not charge your card until the day the shopping is done at the store and delivered, all they do in the interim is reserve £2 on your card when you go through the checkout. So just order enough to get over the minimum delivery fee and done.

The week before then login and amend your order and then look for any promotions
  • Midger wrote: »
    Thanks very much for this wannabecomtent. I've had sciatica for 2yrs now and for the whole time, I've struggled to do the grocery shopping. Even walking round for a quick shop is unbearable due to the pin I end up in.

I shocked my husband last week when I told him I was seriously asking to borrow one of the motorised chairs most supermarkets have, so that I could shop reasonably pain-free....

Then I saw your post! The nosey person in me decided to hav a look, just to get an idea of how it works. I was so impressed that I signed up for 6 months there and then. No more walking around the supermarket in agony. Now all I have to worry about is making sure I get everything on my list for each order.

Thank you very much for this. You've no idea just how much it will help me! X

I am so glad I have been able to help someone! :j
  • I too thought it was a good idea and signed up for 6 months after getting a mailing promising 1000 clubcard points and free delivery for Tesco Direct during the month of November. During many emails and phone calls to customer services I never received any. Tesco have also been oversubscribed in my area so I never get my deliverys on time. I have had 11 deliverys and there has been a problem of one sort or another with everyone of them. .

I’d been ordering a couple of times a month and the deliveries were frequently late so I was refunded the delivery charges.:T When a 5-6pm delivery didn’t arrive by 11pm I was sent an evoucher for £30:T

I too thought it was a good idea and signed up for 3 months intending to make two orders a week. First delivery was late so I telephoned and was told no refund as you haven’t paid any delivery charges you’re on the delivery saver. :eek::eek:

After the third late delivery I stopped telephoning about lateness except when it was already over an hour late and I was told the van had broken down. Three hours 20 minutes late. The majority were after the time slot but one was 10 minutes early.

I ordered with bags but bottles and tins were loose.

A tray of tins looks fine but other tins are often included. The tinned peas I received are the same size as the tinned mushrooms I'd ordered. :eek:

Substitutions
    Ordered egg mayo sandwich filler and was subbed cheese and onion.
    Ordered a whole chicken and was subbed skinless drumsticks.
    Ordered Dr Pepper and was subbed Taz

:eek:The quality of fresh products is not what you’d select yourself.
    Ordered red cabbage for coleslaw and it was dry like paper
    Ordered lettuce and brown liquid oozed out the bag.

Fresh bread frequently not available
    Special offers not available.
    I ordered smoked salmon and fresh lemons but the smoked salmon is unavailable so I just got lemons.
    I ordered pizza and extra salami and the salami is unavailable.

:eek:After signing for one delivery I looked for the bread and couldn’t find it so I ran over to the van and was told to phone base (glasgow) but I insisted so he opened the back and there was a crate of 3 bags from my order.:T

I was so fed up with the lateness that I was booking the first slot of the day and delivery still outside the slot.

:(I’d wait until 10am for Customer Service to open on a Sunday to ask what was happening with the 7-8am delivery.

One driver explained I was lucky as he’d been off sick but had been asked to come in as my driver was off sick. He couldn’t carry the boxes so I had to wheeze with my asthma in the cold
    I have an account with Tesco bank that I often use and on one occasion
    I’d made the order, checked out and amended the order several times. (Receiving an email to confirm each amendment to the order on the Tesco bank card)
    I received the email confirmation of order and the delivery date and time slot as usual
    Waited until after the slot as usual.
    Telephoned option 1 option 2 to be told due to unavoidable circumstances we can’t take your call please call again later.
    Waited 20 minutes only to get the same message.
    I tried a different telephone option and was told I hadn’t paid for the delivery. I asked why they hadn’t emailed or telephoned. I looked at my caller display, last call the previous afternoon withheld, before I’d even used the Tesco card to pay.

Tesco had emailed confirmation of the checkout without informing the customer that the order wouldn’t be delivered. No warning to allow payment on another card, no email in the intervening 17 hours. No telephone call before the expected delivery or during the expected delivery slot .

Tesco had not picked the order they had sent the confirmation email for, not emailed or made telephone contact.

So be aware that the Your Tesco.com grocery order confirmation email is not Tescos’ acceptance of your offer to buy.

Cancelling
    My first attempt at the contacting the telephone delivery saver option 1 option 2 was the currently unavailable message.
    My second attempt to a different telephone option I was told it had to be the delivery saver option.
    I emailed Customer Services to notify them of my desire to cancel. Tesco took 5 days to email reply.
    Received automatic email 1 week warning of renewal due.
    Telephoned delivery saver option 1 option 2 and asked to cancel . Asked for email confirmation.
    Tesco system doesn't generate a confirmation email for this cancellation.

:(Received four emails from Tesco that they’d tried to telephone..

The good thing about the delivery saver is ordering in the comfort of your home and ordering products you wouldn’t find in your local store.

Prices can change after you order.
    Deli counter products recipes vary without warning,
    Deli counter bags are loosely tied with a knot so anyone could help themselves

If you don't like it instore you won't like it delivered.

It made me really appreciate my local store. Identifying leaking products at the conveyor belt and seeing what other customers are choosing.

hth
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport