PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What does 'POA' mean on Rightmove sales ?

Comments

• SquatNow
    SquatNow Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    It basically means that the property is so overpriced you wouldn't even bother looking at it if you knew what the price was.
    Bankruptcy isn't the worst that can happen to you. The worst that can happen is your forced to live the rest of your life in abject poverty trying to repay the debts.
  • clobber_2
    clobber_2 Posts: 472 Forumite
    The ones I've seen usually have the price in the details somewhere - I suspect this is to make it look a bit exclusive or to hide drops from property bee.
  • TD5
    TD5 Posts: 57
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    clobber wrote: »
    The ones I've seen usually have the price in the details somewhere - I suspect this is to make it look a bit exclusive or to hide drops from property bee.

Agreed,

also they seem to slot in between properties advertised at consecutive prices so I have always assumed that they sit in the relevant section.
  • Tassotti
    Tassotti Posts: 1,492 Forumite
    Bad advertising...cos if if I see POA I move on...dunno just me!!
  • franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    POA means you have to ask how much is it now? Like this:

matt-060608_676656a.gif

Matt-cartoon.html
  • jennyred
    jennyred Posts: 421
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    in my search - an estate agent has put every single house on its books at POA. its changed all those that were on to 10k above and below its previous price. I too wondered why this is.

jenny
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've always wondered what POA means and now I know, thanks for asking :D
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • Ladybird20
    Ladybird20 Posts: 465 Forumite
    Franklee..i like your explaination.......chuckle chuckle
  • SquatNow
    SquatNow Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    Tassotti wrote: »
    Bad advertising...cos if if I see POA I move on...dunno just me!!

I personally see it as a sign of dishonesty.

I buy everything online and often come accross sites that wont give prices or (sigh) won't tell you what the postage charge is until after you "register" with them.

I don't want to f**king give you my name and address I want to know how much the f***ing postage is.

I've come to the conclusion that if they conceal the price, you probably wont like it. Even with stuff that is custom made companies can give rough guide prices online.
    Bankruptcy isn't the worst that can happen to you. The worst that can happen is your forced to live the rest of your life in abject poverty trying to repay the debts.
  • franklee
    franklee Posts: 3,867
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    POA: How much is it now?

matt250508_673760a.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income