Transaction on my current account from "who internet internet" Who are they???

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I had the same dilemma when I saw my OH's bank account:mad::mad::mad:Guessed what it was though:mad::mad:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • It's the William Hill Organsiation.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pgtv wrote: »
    It's the William Hill Organsiation.

Yes, we've known that for the last 2 1/2 months, so I'm not sure why you've bothered to join just to post that? Unless of course it's a prelude to a deluge of spam from you.
  • Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Please be nice to Newbies.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    You must agree however that it looks suspicous. Signing up to make a single post on an old thread and then disappearing. Even if they only read the first post and hit replied, surely they understood it was from way back in August?
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    Everyone signs up to make a single post. Maybe the first of many once they into it,once they have worked out the system, maybe a new format to them. That's why they have a badge.
    It was only yesterday, pgtv hasn't had the time to disappear.
    Thank me if you want for putting you right.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ken68 wrote: »
    Everyone signs up to make a single post. Maybe the first of many once they into it,once they have worked out the system, maybe a new format to them. That's why they have a badge.
    It was only yesterday, pgtv hasn't had the time to disappear.
    Thank me if you want for putting you right.

So it's your view that the poster is legit despite posting an answer that had already been given on an old thread? I would be suspicious of anyone who did that, whether they are a newbie or not, and as most spam comes from people who have just signed up I don't think it's unreasonable to make a connection. You haven't put anybody right yet, only time will tell who is right so let's wait and see what happens.
  • Ken68
    Forumite
    Innocent until proved guilty and all that.
    Not everyone is a Stephen Fry.
    I remember once helping out at a library computer session for adults with learning difficulties.
    Probably by accident, one of the class found himself exchanging views with a lady gardener from Tennessee.She picked up his circumstances and the tears in his eyes when he realised what he had achieved. Bloody well done. Like making First Contact.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,627
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Yes, we've known that for the last 2 1/2 months, so I'm not sure why you've bothered to join just to post that? Unless of course it's a prelude to a deluge of spam from you.

I disagree. Previous posts stated that this stands for "William Hill ONLINE" - the new poster suggests "William Hill ORGANISATION" so he/she is adding new information.
  • nc1873 wrote: »
    My bank cant tell me any further details until tomorrow but im pulling my hair out for who this company is?

They took out 2 separate transactions on 2 days. One for £10 and the other for £20.

Im thinking maybe a betting site but not sure.

I registered with bet32 a while back but didnt authorise any funds to be transferred.

Anyone got any clue who they might be????:mad:
    william hill online !! had the same and realised i had bet on a football game , hope this helps you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure