Transaction on my current account from "who internet internet" Who are they???

nc1873
nc1873 Posts: 38 Forumite
edited 30 March 2017 at 4:59PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Official MSE Insert:

If you're unsure about a term in your bank statement or credit card bill check it in our [URL="
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/bank-statement-codes"]Bank Statement Codes[/URL] glossary.

Back to nc1873's original post...

My bank cant tell me any further details until tomorrow but im pulling my hair out for who this company is?

They took out 2 separate transactions on 2 days. One for £10 and the other for £20.

Im thinking maybe a betting site but not sure.

I registered with bet32 a while back but didnt authorise any funds to be transferred.

Anyone got any clue who they might be????:mad:

Comments

• crazyguy
    crazyguy Posts: 5,495 Forumite
    Your bank will tell who they are as they will get the Originators reference, this will then tell you who it is,
  • nc1873
    crazyguy wrote: »
    Your bank will tell who they are as they will get the Originators reference, this will then tell you who it is,

My bank are apparently updating their servers so they cant access it until 8am tomorrow.

Its just bugging me until then:o
  • crazyguy
    crazyguy Posts: 5,495 Forumite
    Patience is a virtue,
  • Its William Hill
    100% G33K
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • William Hill Online possibly?
  • Via Direct Debit or via Debit card?
  • nc1873
    It was with debit card.

Turns out it was William hill so well done and thanks to the guys who identified this.

It actually standard for William hill online but the rep couldn't understand why it came through as who internet internet as opposed to just william hill as per other transactions

So its all good.

Cheers
  • nc1873 wrote: »
    It was with debit card.

Turns out it was William hill so well done and thanks to the guys who identified this.

It actually standard for William hill online but the rep couldn't understand why it came through as who internet internet as opposed to just william hill as per other transactions

So its all good.

Cheers

William hill have just changed their originator name, so they use WHO Internet now I believe.
    100% G33K
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • nc1873 wrote: »
    My bank cant tell me any further details until tomorrow but im pulling my hair out for who this company is?

They took out 2 separate transactions on 2 days. One for £10 and the other for £20.

Im thinking maybe a betting site but not sure.

I registered with bet32 a while back but didnt authorise any funds to be transferred.

Anyone got any clue who they might be????:mad:
    WHO Internet refers to William Hill Online, it replaces the one you, and I, were familiar with.....it caused me some anxiety too when I didn't identify transactions.
  • A quick search found this useful thread, which answered the same question the original poster had. Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure