123 Debt solutions

I had signed an agreement with 123Debt solutions they received my pack on 11December and on 19 December I realised I had made a big mistake although they had taken my card details and set up standing order for 15Jan2010. i called them and told them I was not interested anymore and they told me to write a letter to them. I send off a letter 20 December and did not hear anythn from them until I looked through my online banking and they had automatically taken £150.00 out of my account without confirming with me and consulting me. I cancelled standing order with my bank on 20 December. I have dealt with my credit card as I hav made payment and the creditor has agreed to the amount I can afford.

Please advise me what to do as 123Debt solutions took out money from my account on a day I did not consent to and after I cancelled the agreement. I received an email from one of the advisors saying Im behind with payments etc.

Comments

• sorry i can't give yoy any advice but just wanted to bump this up for you and wish you luck

xxx
  • What account was the payment taken from? Your credit card, or a bank account? If it's the card then it sounds like you set up a recurring payment not a standing order

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/recurring-payments

in that case you can't (easily) cancel it, only 123Debt can. So you need to be talking to them about it.

What do the terms and conditions you signed up for say about cancelling the agreement? If they've broken those, then you may be able to get your credit card company to reverse the payment.
  • Has anyone else had dealings with this company????
  • My daughter has just got out of the clutches of these people. She was advised to contact them by, she says, the CAB. She couldn't get a loan because she has such a bad credit score ( Zero or less), and wouldn't tell us how much it was.

The charge 123 Debt Solutions levied was 20% of her monthly payment. Why on earth she went to these people I don't know because there must be much better, and cheaper, companies about to help with debt management

We decided to help her pay this all off and have met with nothing but delaying tactics to get a final figure out of these people. We paid off one last week, and this morning phoned the other company direct, got an amount off them over the phone and paid it off there and then.

We are still waiting for a response from 123 debt Solutions who were promising this figure two weeks ago.

Don't touch them with a bargepole.
  • plum44_2
    plum44_2 Posts: 124
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I came to the opinion that you get what you pay for......Then you are a complete muppet.

CCCS- a charity will help you for free.
    LBM Nov 10 owing £34,043 - (DMP with Stepchange)

Finally debt free 14/12/12:beer:
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,539
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Martin advises that people only use one of the free debt charities listed here.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/debt-help-plan?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=clicks&utm_campaign=resourcebar#help

Sammy - first posters resurrecting old adverse threads and singing the praises of any company are assumed to be trolls. I hope you understand the EU directives on transparency when using the internet?
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport