Zaklt Posts: 5 Forumite
anyone knows the answer ?

thx

Comments

• Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Pennies.

Assuming 60W load (may be slightly higher or lower, but not far off this) & 11p/Kwh electricity price. You're looking at under half a pence per hour to run it.

Most electric blankets have a thermostatic or variable control anyway, so in reality, even less to run than the figure above.
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    " Running costs will vary of course according to usage and your current electricity provider tariff but typically they can be around 3 - 5 pence per night. All night electric blankets are safe economical and comfortable."

I think they are great - so does the cat !
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    So does the bed bugs
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    So does the bed bugs

Not if you air the bed properly and use pillow and mattress protectors! :p
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Zaklt
    Zaklt Posts: 5 Forumite
    ordered one on ebay yesterday ! can't wait !
  • Maz
    Maz Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Best thing I ever bought.

Makes it even harder to get out of bed on wintery mornings tho'..............:rolleyes:
    'The only thing that helps me keep my slender grip on reality is the friendship I have with my collection of singing potatoes'

Sleepy J.
  • We got ours from Argos, £20 in the sale for a branded double one, the lead even comes off it so it can in the washing machine!. The lead is a little short but I put it on high 30 minutes before bed and its proper toasty. Put the energy monitor on it and on its highest setting (its not far from burning honestly, its uncomfortably warm for me but the missus loves it hot) it uses 35w :)

Once we are in bed it gets turned off, your bodyheat should keep the bed warm from then on, no need to leave it on all night unless you are elderly, in that case leave it on low setting and it will probably cost only 1p a night.

As said, one of the best things we've bought, and so cheap and easy to use.
  • Hi All, I've never used an electric blanket but I intend to buy one as soon as I'm sure which to buy. So does it mean electric blankets cause or increase the tendency of having bed bugs?
    Thank you.
  • bruceyb3
    bruceyb3 Posts: 11 Forumite
    You either have or have not bed bugs. It would take couple weeks of very cold weather, and I mean, continously, to kill them. W/o an electric blanket but sleeping in a bed where there are bed bugs nearby means they get their warmth and food and they will thrive. Having an electric blanket would not make matters any worse. IMHO.
  • I am a first time electric blanket user and had been using hot water bottles for ages. I was a bit hesitant about its quality and running cost but later come to realize it's cheap to run and jumping into a warm bed is very comfortable. Why didn't I purchase this technology earlier I keep asking myself? Electric blanket is indeed a great value for money. Bed bugs issue is entirely a personal hygiene matter. There's no evidence that bed bugs owe their source to E. blanket or that having E. blanket could increase bed bugs' population. You can get rid of the buds invested bed and contact your local council environmental team to spray your room to avoid re-infestation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure