Airport lost property auctions

Hi
I wonder if someone can tell me anything about how to find info on airport lost property auctions. I rang lost property at MAnchester airport and he thought they did auction off unclaimed items, but had no clue where or when or how to find out!

Comments

• mjk_2
    mjk_2 Posts: 219 Forumite
    Hi,

This article gives some links to auctions in the South which I guess aren't very handy for you. They might be able to give you info about northern auctions though.

http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/essentials/article2277055.ece

HTH
  • Not airport property auctions, but a lot of Police forces auction found property which has not been claimed on this site...

http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/XcAuctionPro.asp
  • dellydaisy
    dellydaisy Posts: 35 Forumite
    Hi all i,d be interested in lost property auctions up north if anyone has anymore info?
    or info on lost luggage auctions from man airport

cheers guys x
  • isofa
    isofa Posts: 6,091 Forumite
    A BBC news report on the subject worth reading here.
  • Dawn7890
    Dawn7890 Posts: 10 Forumite
    I was looking for some auctions to try and see if there are any bargains and I remembered a challenge done on the Gadget Show in the last series. I cant post the link as I am still classed as a new user(?) If you go on the Gadget Show website, it is series 16 episode 3 £100 challenge segment.

Plus they give some information about Auction houses such as Bumblebee (police auctions) and John Pye Auctions (Bankruptcy, repossessions and clearance). I googled them and they had some items that could be bargains.

Happy Hunting!
  • gsc140107
    gsc140107 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Afternoon, just reading this thread and wondered if anyone had info or links to where I may be able to find these auctions please ??

I'm based in Walsall, West Midlands so any auctions close to me or within a 20 mile radius would be great !! Otherwise online bidding is usually available so distance not really a problem...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure