Warning and advice about LCS Utility Investigation Civil Enforcement Debt Recoveries

I got a letter asking me to provide info of my name (they don't know), length of time at the address i just moved into (they have no clue), name of previous occupier (they have no idea), forwarding address of previous occupier (they are stumped), landlords name and telephone number (like it wasn't already given to them by british gas) and any other info i deem relevant to this enquiry. I know that this is stage 1 in their bully campaign, i will soon receive letters telling me i owe them money for the previous tenants bills to British Gas.

All they do is buy the debt from British Gas and then bully people to get the debt paid, that is how they make their money and they use some horrible tactics to do it on innocent people.

Having dealt with these LCS bullies before, the very best advice i can give to anyone who gets their letters is screw the letter up and put it in your bin, do not respond to them by any means, they have to go to court for debt recovery and it will cost them dearly when they lose the case.

British Gas are also to blame, it seems British Gas do not inform this company of any other details except there is a bill outstanding.

If LCS pay you a visit politely tell them on your doorstep to get lost and that you do not wish to help them with their enquiries at all, give them no information whatsoever.

This company is nothing but a debt collection service, they have no right to visit you or demand monies unless they can prove you are the debtor.
Owed out = lots. :cool:

Comments

• Hi, I just got a letter like this sent to my house.

I am a student, living with three others, and don't really know what to do.

I am probably going to email them anonymously asking what this is in reference too, but if it is just phishing I don't want them to know I've bitten!
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2011 at 8:26PM
    Hi aceface, Don't email them, don't call them, tell them nothing, this is my second letter from them as follows:

My name
    My address (i have no clue how they found this but its not legal to demand cash from anyone on false grounds)

case ref ???
    our client ref: British Gas
    Client ref:????

Balance £138.73

NOTIFICATION OF OUTSTANDING PAYMENT

I write with reference to the above mentioned case number and outstanding British Gas invoice.

We have recently undertaken an investigation into the Dual Fuel supplied at (my house number and address and postcode) between 22/05/2010 and 24/10/2010. (i did not sign the tenancy agreement until 24th oct 2010 and did not move in until 27th oct 2010 so this is total fabrication, lies, bully tactics and trickery to get me to call them)

Our investigation has led us to believe that you are the person(s) responsible for the use of this supply and we need to speak to you urgently in order to arrange payment of the account from yourself.

WAYS TO PAY

Quickest over the phone by debit/credit card.
    Cheque/Postal order - by post - please include your reference number payable to LCS.
    Standing Order - instruction from your bank to ours.
    online at https://www.firstnow.co.uk All major credit/debit cards accepted.

If you wish to discuss the account further please contact our offices without delay on 0844 543 9084 or email contact@lcsdr.com> Your response within 7 days of receipt of this letter would be appreciated.

Please note that all the information received is regarded with the strictest confidence.

Yours Sincerely,

R.Carter (Rebecca Carter)
    LCS Civil Enforcement.

OK what they are trying to do is get me to contact them and give them a forwarding address of the previous occupier, i have not used gas as they have stated, its a total lie and i hope they read this forum.

So what happens now?? Well, nothing, i won't call them, email them or anything else, i will await the third letter threatening baliff and all sorts of enforcements, jail time etc etc, and i will post them here.

I hope someone does find it useful.
  • hey Widelats, I haven't got anything else from them yet, and haven't contacted them either.

I'm not too worried tbh - I will be moving out of the house in May time and it takes longer than that to do anything more.

I hope it all goes ok with you!
  • Widelats
    edited 5 February 2011 at 10:55AM
    The latest installment of this ongoing regime of threats, lies and deceit is as follows. I just wish they'd hurry up and take it to court, i'd like to see how much it costs them or British Gas for a failed case.

03/02/2011

NOTIFICATION OF OUTSTANDING PAYMENT

Regarding duel fuel at ????? (my address) between 22/05/2010 and 24/10/2010.

Despite previous attempts to secure payment on the casewe have not yet found a resolution with you and are now let with no alternative than to pursue you for the full amount. Therefore it is with regret that you leave us with no alternative but to pass your account to either:

Solicitors - who may issue legal proceedings
    A local Representative who may call at your home to secure payment. Please note that there may be a charge for missed visits.

Our clients will not close this matter until full payment has been recieved. If for any reason you are unable to do this is imperative and in your best interest (their typing error not mine) to contact us immediately on 0844 543 9084 or email contact@lcsdr.com quoting the above reference umber.

Should legal action become necessary and the court order remains unpaid the following may take place:
    A Bankruptcy Petition may be made in line with legislation and balance on the account.
    A deduction under court order directly from your employer (Attachment of earnings).
    Seizure of your personal belongings by a court appointed bailiff.
    County Court Judgement) (their spelling error again, not mine) or Scottish Decree in Scotland - registered for up to 6 years - resulting in difficulty in obtaining further credit.

You should also be aware that you would be liable for considerable cost and interest if legal action were taken. We therefore urge you to act quickly and pay this account today before any unnecessary action and charges are brought.

The quickest payment method is by telephone using a debit/credit card. All postal payments should be sent to the above address quoting our reference number and made payable to LCS or Leeds Consultancy Service. Alternaatively visit our website where you can pay online at firstnow.co.uk

Rebecca Carter

LCS - Civil Enforcement.
  • God what a horrible letter. Stay strong!

PS - I am a 3rd year law student... if I can do anything to help?
  • Widelats
    I don't think you can help, but then again i don't need help the case will not go to court, i have dealt with these jokers before they will send a couple more threats and may even send a visitor to my house, but this is all a way to get a forwarding address of the previous occupier (they can legally bill him) but i will tell their visitor nothing.

Thanks for the offer though, other innocent people should do the same as what i'm doing, don't call them, email or have any communications with them whatsoever.
  • This bunch keep phoning me about an alleged debt I owe even though I left the address a year before their dates. I made the mistake of phoning them and although my phone number is not listed I get a phone call every week from them. Must admit I missed their calls over the xmas season.:) I find it quite amusing that they keep trying even though I have repeatedly told them its not my debt. They ask for proof of my not living there to be sent, bloody sure im going to do that! I insist they send a little man out to my address and I will willingly show him the paperwork I have... I'm still waiting. Lesson to be learned here DONT phone them, their system must log your number and then you get a heap of phone calls. For once regarding a debt i'm in the right so I just keep playing and playing I really want this to go to court. Mind you last phone call I received was at about 10.15 today and I lost the plot with the little plank on the phone he got a right mouthful hope they taped it so I can hear exactly what I called him and told him to do!
  • Widelats
    This bunch keep phoning me about an alleged debt I owe even though I left the address a year before their dates. I made the mistake of phoning them and although my phone number is not listed I get a phone call every week from them. Must admit I missed their calls over the xmas season.:) I find it quite amusing that they keep trying even though I have repeatedly told them its not my debt. They ask for proof of my not living there to be sent, bloody sure im going to do that! I insist they send a little man out to my address and I will willingly show him the paperwork I have... I'm still waiting. Lesson to be learned here DONT phone them, their system must log your number and then you get a heap of phone calls. For once regarding a debt i'm in the right so I just keep playing and playing I really want this to go to court. Mind you last phone call I received was at about 10.15 today and I lost the plot with the little plank on the phone he got a right mouthful hope they taped it so I can hear exactly what I called him and told him to do!

Hi Paul, it is not in their interest to stop, they get paid from British Gas for every letter, phone call, email and investigation made, they will never stop unless British Gas tell them to, its all money to them the more they harass you, no point bartering, explaining or talking to them at all.

I am yet to hear anything else from them as yet.
  • Widelats
    edited 16 February 2011 at 2:20PM
    The latest instalment as follows, i can rearrange this latter into common English as hello, we tried to extort cash from you by lies and deciet, threats, bullying and harassing you but this seems not to have had the slightest effect, so instead of just leaving it we will try again this time with a discount involved, better to get some of the cash nothing i guess, heres to hoping you'll buckle and pay up for things that you have not done, take care :)

my name,
    my adrdess,

14/02/2011

Our Case Ref:
    Orr Client:British Gas

Offer of Settlement - Without Prejudice

We have previously written to you concerning your outstanding balance of £138.73 owed to the above named client. We are disappointed to see that despite our efforts the balance remains unpaid.

We have recommended to our client two potential scenarios for the recovery of this outstanding debt.

1. We will instigate formal Legal proceedings against you within 10 days. Further expenses may incur including court fees, legal representation, interest and admistrative charges.

Alternatively

2. We provide you with an opportunity to settle the account now and take advantage of a one off full and final settlement discount of 20% (i.e. the amount required to settle this account will be £110.98)

This will be your only opportunity to settle the account at a discount. We strongly urge you to take advantage of the reduction, made without prejudice and subject to withdrawal and expiry after 14 days from receipt of this letter.

Please contact us on 0844 543 9084 within the timeframe indicated above to make payment.

Yours Faithfully

Rebecca Carter
    LCS-Civil Enforcement

I expect the next letter in around 2 weeks time i hope it helps someone in the meantime.
  • I had the same type of letter from them dated 18\10\2010. im still waiting to hear about legal proceedings. :D Wonder if they will ever give up on me? :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback