Supermarket Car Parking Ticket

Comments

• firespire
    firespire Posts: 795 Forumite
    blondie7 wrote: »
    I personally think if the supermarket has a restaurant and you eat there and then you browse the clothes isles and then you do your shopping this can take more than 1 1\2 hours so I do think the store can do something if they are wanting you to use their facilities if they cant do anything then why have all these things in store. I would go back and see the store manager and point the above out to him.

Personally my idea of hell is over 1 1/2 hours in a supermarket but if someone was actually did the browsing, the weekly shopping and eating they may let them off if they can produce proof of purchases but the OP only had a meal and browsed so maybe this is not considered to take as long.
  • Don't suppose you paid with a card by any chance? If so, the statement is as good as a receipt.
  • uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    no contract was formed.

I can't see that working, what contract would you have expected to be formed?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Take a look here, they sort out loads of parking problems. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • I'm afraid it sounds like you'll have to pay it. I often go to football games where the ground is next to a supermarket though they've got a huge sign at the entrance stating something like 90mins/2 hours parking. We've risked it once or twice but then they started putting a load of people on checking cars so haven't bothered.

Interestingly enough, even though the ground was 50000 capacity, the supermarket car park was always only half full on match days - reckon people got the message quickly!
  • seletar
    seletar Posts: 107 Forumite
    Don`t pay.Just follow the sensible advice of rosysparkle and
    peter_the_piper.No contract has been formed.
  • snu
    snu Posts: 130 Forumite
    Something similar happened a few weeks ago to us.
    It was the afternoon of my engagement party and me and my bf, his parents and mine (and my nan) all went to a nice restaurant in the town for a pre party celebration.
    we parked two cars in the car pack (as there were 7 of us) and we had to pay £5 each which we were told would be refunded when we showed a receipt.
    We all had a lovely lunch and then we paid.
    We went to leave and they would not accept the receipt for both cars (even though we had spent over £150 and the table was booked for 7). Eventually the manager came along and told them to let us leave.. but it really annoyed us at the time.
    Some people just don't think logically when coming up with their systems and rules.
  • changkra
    changkra Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Who has issued the ticket Asda or Bolton MBC? or where you on tesco's

You beat me to it, i wondered if it was Asda or Tesco, having said that i have never seen car park attendants at Tesco. If it's the main car parking where Asda is then Asda could lose allot of match day customers. Also i have never seen a notice up saying parking is time limited on match days
  • TITEASCRAMP
    TITEASCRAMP Posts: 1,744 Forumite
    No neither have i. Its a retail park not an asda car park, thats why i asked about tesco. Couldnt quite get my head round what had gone on
  • changkra
    changkra Posts: 635 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No neither have i. Its a retail park not an asda car park, thats why i asked about tesco. Couldnt quite get my head round what had gone on

my thoughts exactly. I have seen police patrolling round there but not car park attendants and police don't usually give FPN for parking in supermarket car parks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure