Comments

• nilocmac
    nilocmac Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks cattie I will have to check that out where I am
  • nilocmac
    nilocmac Posts: 507 Forumite
    Pretty sure I have made my final decision. With a little help from all of you. Think it is going to be the canon Mp150 from PCworld 45.88 (call and collect web discount).
  • Quincy_3
    Quincy_3 Posts: 2,204 Forumite
    Canon, Bargepole springs to mind :eek:
  • jockey
    jockey Posts: 94 Forumite
    I have an Epson DX 4200, i find this a great scanner and excellent for everyday printing, photos aren't too bad either. Cartridges are only £1.75 at https://www.nd-ink.co.uk
    Compatible ink cartridges from 87p each here
  • You can get cartridges also from a good source such as Inkridges.com (http://www.inkridges.com ) I use it all the time coz they have cheap prices .
  • cheekyweegit
    cheekyweegit Posts: 1,195 Forumite
    Quincy wrote: »
    Canon, Bargepole springs to mind :eek:

Same applies to Lexmark, don't touch with a bargepole. I actually stopped someone in Tesco one day who had a Lexmark in their trolley and explained the ink will cost them a kings ransom when it runs out.

Another vote for Brother, I've got a DCP 110C and I've had it a couple of years now with no problems. A full set of compatibles costs £14.28 for 10 supersized compatible cartridges from https://www.inkemporium.co.uk including postage and they last for ages.

The colour ones are £2.91 each or a full set of black, magenta, cyan, yellow and black is £6.86. All prices include delivery and VAT and they are delivered pretty quick too.
  • yellow44
    yellow44 Posts: 47 Forumite
    Another good place for ink is ink.co.uk. Well worth a visit.
  • I’m an old HP faithful fan. For quality and durability, I believe HP is the best. It might be a little more expensive than the rest but they have good customer support service, which others don’t. For cartridges, I’m looking for something cheaper. Anyone know a good place?
  • xxlaurissaxx
    xxlaurissaxx Posts: 2,253 Forumite
    Not sure about printers (Boyfriends the technical one and buys all that) but for in future when you need to replace ink why dont you take the cartridges to an ink shop and get them refilled.Thats what i do, its soooooo much cheaper and enviromentally healthy. xx
    0/2013
    :beer:
  • I’m thinking of going for a generic ink cartridge. Any advice is very much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure