Car boot sales in Edinburgh?

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I have merged your post A Lancashire Lad with a previous thread about car boots in Edinburgh and hopefully once the season gets going we will get some more replies on this topic icon7.gif

If anyone has any knowledge of a local one off car boot please feel free to post on this thread too like Wild Rover has.
  • I wondered where it had gone to !
  • Cos if i cant find any with 30 million people milling round to take partake of their brass im gonna have to cross over the border ! Im getting megga withdrawl symptons of not having good big size car boots up here help !!!!! arghhhhh

:j
  • bargainboy
    bargainboy Posts: 235 Forumite
    where about in kinross is the bootsale i'm not from there so don't know my way around. what day is it on. how much are the plots. any info would be apprecciated.
    Bargain Boy
    No amount of money is worth more than good health
  • chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    kinross boot sale is on every sat. cars cost £12, it is undercover and quite busy. starts at 9am but sellers get in from 7am and people start coming in to buy from then. supposed to be on till 3.30 but tails off between 12.30 -1.30.
    has food & toilet facilities.

kinross boot sale is in the same venue as the car auctions and sunday market. if you do a search for kinross sunday market you will find a site with a map etc.

hth
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • bargainboy
    bargainboy Posts: 235 Forumite
    found some info on the kinross bootsale

http://www.kinross-sunday-market.com/tmenu/car_boot_sale.asp
    Bargain Boy
    No amount of money is worth more than good health
  • Wild_Rover wrote:
    Hi folks - why not help yourselves and a local group as well? The 41st Edinburgh BB company (based at Duddingston Kirk) will be having 2 car boot sales - Saturdays 22 and 29 April in the playground at the Royal High Primary School, Northfield Broadway - they will only be "open" from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon, but the gates open from 8.30 and there are usually buyers roaming around trying to do deals from early on. We have been there for the past cople of years selling books/toys/household stuff and it is always quite busy.

Cost 8.00 per car entry.

Regards.

WR

Wild Rover

Do you have any contact details for this or is it just a case of turning up on the day.
  • Hi, sorry for taking so long to get back to you with this info which I have, eventually, gleaned from my daughter.

Corn Exchange near ASDA: apparently BRILLIANT car booty every saturday.
  • If you have that much to sell :money: , perhaps you could approach a supermarket for permission to hold your own car booty one Saturday/Sunday afternoon or in an evening through the week. (Thursdays are good: late shopping). Advertise for others to rent spaces from you.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Wild_Rover wrote:
    Hi folks - why not help yourselves and a local group as well? The 41st Edinburgh BB company (based at Duddingston Kirk) will be having 2 car boot sales - Saturdays 22 and 29 April in the playground at the Royal High Primary School, Northfield Broadway - they will only be "open" from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon, but the gates open from 8.30 and there are usually buyers roaming around trying to do deals from early on. We have been there for the past cople of years selling books/toys/household stuff and it is always quite busy.

Cost 8.00 per car entry.

Regards.

WR

One this Saturday icon7.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business