Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

The MoneySavingExpert.com Charity Fund Discussion

Comments

• ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It is going to require a lot of work.
  • MSE_Dan wrote: »
    This is the discussion for the

which includes details of The MSE Charity

Please click reply to discuss
    I want to nominate a charity but am not sure if I am using the site properly. The instructions say click on reply but there is no reply button. Does it mean the quote button? Please help. If this isn't right then I guess I'll get no reply.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I want to nominate a charity but am not sure if I am using the site properly. The instructions say click on reply but there is no reply button. Does it mean the quote button? Please help. If this isn't right then I guess I'll get no reply.
    There is a button which says 'Post reply' on the top left of every thread, and at the bottom left of the last post on every thread, and a button which says 'Quote' to the bottom right of every post. You're doing well, you've successfully posted!

Ah, I see you've worked it out, welcome to the boards!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • mary43
    mary43 Posts: 5,845 Forumite
    Just a thought and not sure I'm in the right place for it but, as a foster carer for teenagers I see many of them leaving the care system with very limited ability in budgeting skills. Some have now had the usual mainstream education or have suffered through moving schools several times.
    I don;t know if there is any way these young people could be helped with managing their finances, particularly is they are on JSA which is particularly hard.
    I'm not sure whether a charity exists that could do this.
    We do out best with teaching them to cook and manage their money but once they get into the big wide world its quite a daunting experience.
    Mary

I'm creative -you can't expect me to be neat too !
    (Good Enough Member No.48)
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Question for the MSE team... Are there any plans for registering the MSE charity with Ebay so that part of the selling value gets automatically donated to the MSE charity? :)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • bec22
    bec22 Posts: 14 Forumite
    ahai1 wrote: »
    I was wondering what the courses could be? I am not aware of many courses that offer people training to manage their finances and cost up to £500.

Am I right in assuming that non charities can apply? I will email them this question.

ahai1: you've probably found this out by now but the Open University do a personal finance course that is less than £500. It's DB123, I'm doing it at the moment funded by MSE and it's excellent, would recommend it.
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks you for your reply.
  • Apologies for bumping such an old thread but I don't know where else to post!

I've been lucky enough to be chosen by the MSE Charity for them to pay my grant to take "You and your money" at OU. I've never had an further education at all and I'm feeling a bit lost. I've sent an email to the supplied email address as well but I'm really stressing and hopefully someone here could help.

I've received an email with several attachments, including one to register with OU, a HESA form for OU and a funding agreement with MSE.
    I've registered online but the HESA says I need to send that back with my registration form, so what do I do now?
    Also the funding agreement says to fill it in and send it back, but no details as to where to send it.

Has anyone been given a grant by MSE before that could help maybe?
    Married 23/03/13 :heart2:
    Expecting first child (little girl!) 20/12/13 :grinheart
  • I work for a rural charity and have been trying to complete the MSE Charity application form with no success. I have emailed the help line a few times and despite getting an email telling me that someone will be in touch shortly I have had no response. The form crashes all the time. I'm very frustrated! Can anyone help me please, we only have until Friday to send the form to them!

Dollytwostep
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    GemmieWho wrote: »
    I've received an email with several attachments, including one to register with OU, a HESA form for OU and a funding agreement with MSE.
    I've registered online but the HESA says I need to send that back with my registration form, so what do I do now?
    Also the funding agreement says to fill it in and send it back, but no details as to where to send it.

Has anyone been given a grant by MSE before that could help maybe?
    Is the funding agreement with OU or MSE? If it's telling OU that MSE will pay your fees, it will need to go to OU so that they can invoice MSE, so look at their website. If it's to go to MSE, you'll find their postal address at the bottom of this page.

Either way I'd put a note in saying that it would be helpful if forms had return addresses on!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport