Download your own home wine tasting kit (merged)

Just saw this in a mag- sounds like a nice idea if you're having friends round... http://www.decanter.com/tastingkit/

"We at decanter.com have put together a quick and easy guide to setting up and hosting your own wine tasting for friends and family. The kit contains all you the information you need, from tips on which kind of tasting to run to a list of popular grape varieties and their characteristics."

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• JohnWan
    JohnWan Posts: 64 Forumite
    That's a very interesting guide to tasting. Thank you for putting the link here.
  • Pip26
    Pip26 Posts: 2,368 Forumite
    Thanks for this - good excuse to get people around and the wine in!!!!! - but also interesting, thanks!
  • stuff the guide, opensh anovver bottle..:beer:
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • The idea is- you download the free guide, get your friends to bring a bottle each for "tasting", and the only thing you have to buy yourself is some crisps! That's moneysaving!! :j
  • discobaby
    discobaby Posts: 1,156 Forumite
    http://www.decanter.com/tastingkit/

ok for you wino's out there ;)
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,858
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • teza
    teza Posts: 1 Newbie
    What a fantastic idea....I sometimes do wine tasting evenings for my friends and they are SO much fun! I'm no expert but I do enjoy wine! This package is FAB so I urge any wine fans to go for it and have a really enjoyable evening. CHEERS!!!!!!!
  • Wine tasting really is a great idea. I've done a couple of these at my house in the past but after the first couple of bottles the whole 'tasting' theme goes out the window in the effort to just get through as much wine as you can lol. :beer:

Jeremy
  • Li0nhead
    Li0nhead Posts: 16,922
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Simple everyday version:

Buy wine, open, taste. Like it then enjoy, don't like it then don't drink it.

Try something different every now and again for variety.

There ends my free wine tasting guide.
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. It was so good we removed it because we cannot think of one so good as you had and need to protect others from seeing such a great signature.
  • good idea...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport