Prince2 exams

Comments

• bluesnake
    bluesnake Posts: 1,460 Forumite
    I've been on ITIL and Price courses. Often the real benefit of the courses is the mock exams they give.

I am fairly sure these foundation courses can be learned at home.

have a look here http://www.examcollection.com/PRI-000.html
  • **Juice**
    **Juice** Posts: 490 Forumite
    Is it the foundation course you're looking at? I did it via e-learning at a cost of £150ish plus the cost of a textbook.
  • ianders
    ianders Posts: 223 Forumite
    bluesnake wrote: »

Wouldn't recommend using these illegal braindumps. Makes your qualifications meaningless. Many certification providers have measures in place to detect the use of braindumps and can mean the stripping of all your certifications from that provider.
  • Contact your local FE College who may have access to ESF funding called Skills Support for Redundancy (not sure about Scotland though) although they are likely to offer Prince2 with training at a lower rate & higher success rate than many (not all) private providers.
  • Chiedu
    Chiedu Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello can anybody tell me who offers the cheapest exam prices?
  • Chiedu
    Chiedu Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello
    I live in London, can anybody tell m where to get cheap Prince2 exam prices?
  • SueC_2
    SueC_2 Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Chiedu wrote: »
    Hello
    I live in London, can anybody tell m where to get cheap Prince2 exam prices?

https://www.google.co.uk
  • saintjammyswine
    saintjammyswine Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    As per my previous post, contact your local FE College that provides Prince2. Or go through SPOCE (google them) to find your local provider.
  • InsideInsurance
    InsideInsurance Posts: 22,460 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Exam prices are fairly fixed, the variable bit is the cost of the course. You can teach yourself the course and then just pay for the exam if you want to reduce costs to a minimum
  • Smudger78
    Smudger78 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi,

I am in a potential redundancy situation at work and they are offering to fund training which will help me find a new job. I head a department and have spent the last 18 months acting as the business lead for a large software development project. Whilst I am not a technical person and had a project manager on the project we did work to an in house form of Prince2 methodology so I wondered whether this experience would be more valuable if it were combined with a Prince2 foundation and practitioner qualification? The course I could go on is a full week with exams at the end and I am not sure who the provider would be.

I have three questions really:

1. Given I am not a project manager and have limited experience (one large project) would it be worth me getting the qualification?

2. Given the above experience how likely is it that I would be able to successfully complete and pass the course?

3. If I did get the qualification what is the likelihood of it enabling me to get PM work either on a permanent or consultancy basis?

Thanks

Smudger
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family