Mis-sold ARGOS COVERSAFE/PPI

Hello,

Just wondered if anyone has been successful in reclaiming Mis-sold Argos PPI or in currently in the process ??

I would be REALLY grateful if you could PM me!

Thanks in advance! :)
As of September 2011:
Argos - £86.00 - Reclaiming Mis-sold PPI too! ~ Student Loan - £?
Natwest ->(CC) - £130.00 (OD) - £212.00 OD
Lloyds TSB ->(OD) - £1500 OD (CC) - £1179.47

Comments

• Placida
    Placida Posts: 240
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello,

Just wondered if anyone has been successful in reclaiming Mis-sold Argos PPI or in currently in the process ??

I would be REALLY grateful if you could PM me!

Thanks in advance! :)

just so happened I phoned to cancel it today. I didn't realise I had it -:o I intend to reclaim it back from 2004.
    The guy on phone tried to talk me out of it but i insisted. I asked if when I applied online was ppi automatically added?
    he said "oh no! That was against the law!!!"
    I have tried to find out on other forums and have found posts here under thread Argos card ppi-it was a couple of years ago but the poster was successful. I have copied and pasted the posts

dizzybuff 21-07-2009

Argos card PPI

Can I relclaim all the argos ppi I have had to pay .

I never initially asked for it when i got the card 6 years ago and enquired about it about a year ago and they said it was put on as a matter of course.

Final post

"Ohhhh yesss shessss the bossss
    Okay came home and found a letter on the floor.. ohh I thought maybe its from argos and guess what it was :confused: wonder what it says i hear you all saying ....

Dear Mrs We don't care who you are (edited for t'internet purpses)

Tar for your enquiry regarding coversafe...

I can confirm that coversafe was enrolled on your accont on 29th March 2009 ( this should be 2003 I thinks they cant even get that right) upon acceptance when you applied for the card , I am unable to retreive the application form present to confirm your acceptance :rolleyes: therefore I have refunded the premiums applied to your account since enrollement.... this equates to ( wait for it wait for it ) £165.12 plus interest of £13.20 ...

Then it waffles on saying they will credit my argos account.. I dont thinks so matey flip. So just phoned em and demanded cash .. lol I was a bit secepical so accepted a cheque.. Out in the post today .. Hopefully get it before next week so i can pay it in...

So i think .. one more success for Mrs Dizzybuff ...."

Hope this helps. perhaps a phone call is all that is needed.
  • Thanks Placida! I'll try giving them a call. :)
    As of September 2011:
  • Placida
    Placida Posts: 240
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks Placida! I'll try giving them a call. :)
    Hi I have just reread that thread and the poster did write to Argos but it seemed straightforward
  • Also to anyone who can help ....just wondered if it would be a good idea (as I do not have any paper work for it at all because I have lost it) to contact ARGOS to ask for my Policy number and the date I began the PPI and maybe how much I have paid so far ?? and then continue into the reclaiming part.
    As of September 2011:
  • StephandJamie
    StephandJamie Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 12 October 2011 at 8:04PM
    In April this year, we took out an Argos card in store and opted to paying online instead of setting up a DD as we had 2 x 6 month "Buy Now Pay Later" schemes and 1 x 12 month "Buy Now Pay Later" scheme. A few months ago, upon contacting Argos/Home Retail Group to find out some of my account details, I was offered CoverSafe, and the woman advised me of all of the advantages (and that was all that was advised other than it costs £1 per £100 on the account). I gladly said yes. However, upon applying for a credit card with my own bank, after reviewing my credit score (which was set to "good"), it now shows "very poor"!! I was shocked to find out that, the reason for the drop was due to a late payment for my Argos card! Now, anyone that knows me, knows that EVERYTHING is paid on time, however, please bare in mind the 3 x "Buy Now Pay Later" schemes I have... I checked online on MyArgosCard.co.uk, only to find that the CoverSafe charges were not added on top of the "Buy Now Pay Later" schemes, but were apparantly meant to be paid every month before the 21st!!!!! I was absolutely appalled at this as it was never once explained to me that if these seperate payments weren't made, I would in actual fact incur late payment fees of £12 a time, but also £0.12 interest fees! I contacted Argos/Home Retail Group and asked them to remove these fees from my account and credit files, however, have been told I have to wait for my statement to come through (which isn't for another 2 and a half weeks) and it will state on there whether or not this will be removed or not!

Please can someone help me or give me some advice? I believe I was mis-sold this and am now beginning to worry as I'm 5 months pregnant with no nursery furniture, no pram and Christmas on its way!

Thanks for reading, hope someone can help me! x
  • can anyone give me the contact address to reclaim ppi from my argos store card.
    i wrote to there address in widnes over three monhs ago and got no reply.
    hope someone out therecan help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport