Scammed.......

Comments

• merlot123
    merlot123 Posts: 720 Forumite
    I think i will Merlot (How do i do that?) I've never had to contact the police about something like this before :o

Put it this way, a harsh lesson has been learnt that's for sure...

I don't know as I have never phoned the emergency services, but I found this:

http://www.police.uk/101/
  • Hi,
    Next time, if there is a next time, always pay using Paypal, then you have 60 days to complain to Ebay and probably win your money back. Paying cash means Ebay wash their hands of the deal..
    If you live in a biggish town there are phone shops who can repair phones for a moderate fee.
  • moofychops wrote: »
    Hi,
    Next time, if there is a next time, always pay using Paypal, then you have 60 days to complain to Ebay and probably win your money back. Paying cash means Ebay wash their hands of the deal..
    If you live in a biggish town there are phone shops who can repair phones for a moderate fee.

It wasn't ebay......
    Don't trust a forum for advice. Get proper paid advice. Any advice given should always be checked
  • I tried this, but the only contact was via Facebook and they've now 'blocked' us!!! cheek!
    Obviously i know where she lives but don't really fancy a confrontation..

Now if they've blocked you that raises my suspicions!

Report them to the police and see if she shops her "friend"
  • emsywoo123
    emsywoo123 Posts: 5,440 Forumite
    It wasn't ebay......

OP can you change your first post as you do say eBay on there so it's not clear :D
  • R_P_W
    R_P_W Posts: 1,505
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    So you bought a phone from someone on Facebook that you don't know? I would compare that to buying it from a bloke down the pub or from a car boot sale!
  • Norfolk_Jim
    Norfolk_Jim Posts: 1,301
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    R_P_W wrote: »
    So you bought a phone from someone on Facebook that you don't know? I would compare that to buying it from a bloke down the pub or from a car boot sale!

That isn't a very helpful response to the poster. If I had £1 for every time I'd done something silly I could probably pay off one or more of my debts.

No doubt the poster knows they've been silly, but whats done is done. As my Granny taught me "If we were all wise there would be no fools " and "Its easy to be wise after the event".

OP you have been scammed. Theres a lot of crooks in this world and a lot of people who take advantage anf have no shame or conscience.

Yes you could report this to Police. It probably won't get your money back though. You could see it as an expensive lesson and be wiser next time you see a bargain.

Dont get down on yourself - I get scammed all the time and I'm far from stupid - just foolishly trusting - tending to think people are honest when they are not.

Do you have a really big friend who could ask for your money back? Maybe a bit late if Plod are already alerted.

Not suggesting you do this but there are naughty ways to unlock the unlockable phone - or you could sell it for parts on E-Bay as not working - Only now plod will want it because it looks like stolen goods and will be evidence

You do have my sympathy, really do feel for you.
  • jules888
    jules888 Posts: 552
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Same happened to me years ago on e bay.Paid with paypal though so got money back.Also sold a phone on Amazon and never got paid for it and it went to Africa!
  • sunflower_2
    sunflower_2 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    send her a letter saying if you dont hear from her within 10 days you will be giving the police her address

(dont give her your address, she can unblock you and contact you via facebook)
  • Thanks for all the replies. The police have advised me to report it, however, DS has smashed the phone up to sell bits off it! so may not do this now...
    I will definately do the letter thing though Sunflower, if nothing else hopefully it will sh!! her up enough never to do it again!
    DEBT FREE AND PROUD:D
    'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure