Missed ATOS medical will ESA be stopped?

Have made a bit of a c**k up (was bound to happen!!). I have so many appointments to attend I write them all down on my calendar, went to leave for another medical this morning, when I went to grab the letter to take with me appointment was 8th March at 10am, I had written 10th March 10am on calendar. Rang them straight away, and all the lady said was "is nothing we can do about it now, wait for a letter and send it back immediately stating why you did not attend".
Will my ESA be stopped in the interim? Am in a right pickle.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• aimee0763
    aimee0763 Posts: 176 Forumite
    Have made a bit of a c**k up (was bound to happen!!). I have so many appointments to attend I write them all down on my calendar, went to leave for another medical this morning, when I went to grab the letter to take with me appointment was 8th March at 10am, I had written 10th March 10am on calendar. Rang them straight away, and all the lady said was "is nothing we can do about it now, wait for a letter and send it back immediately stating why you did not attend".
    Will my ESA be stopped in the interim? Am in a right pickle.
    Thanks in advance.

Your best bet is to ask the ESA office they would be able to tell you exactly where you stand.
  • aimee0763 wrote: »
    Your best bet is to ask the ESA office they would be able to tell you exactly where you stand.

Am waiting for them to call me back, had rung them this morning in relation to a different problem, so will ask them then. Am just in a bit of a panic, as they always seem to be making errors with my ESA, I panic over anything at the moment!
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,076
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I think you get a letter in the post asking you for reasons as to why you didn't attend.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Your ESA will be stopped unless they accept that you had 'good cause' for not attending your medical. If they dont accept good cause then you can appeal but will not be paid on appeal.
  • MrsHelpful
    MrsHelpful Posts: 32 Forumite
    NASA wrote: »
    Your ESA will be stopped unless they accept that you had 'good cause' for not attending your medical. If they dont accept good cause then you can appeal but will not be paid on appeal.

Thanks NASA, I am not sure my reason will be good cause, I wrote it down wrong on my calendar. Have passed the initial medical, this was about helping me back to work medical.
    I have no other valid reason other than I have written it down wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure