Egg loan sold to Britannica Recoveries SARL

Comments

• MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So glad I only have 1 payment left to Egg! Card cleared, loan cleared - only £5k to go and all on 0% *insert little jiggy dancing emoticon*
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • does anyone know the contact phone number of these guys ???what with so many companies taking over my egg loan account i'm not sure who to contact to know whats happening??? no help from the egg people,,no surprise there then ? i notice some people have had letters from moorgate / britannica/arrow....which is which ?? very confusing !!!..no letters have arrived at my door so i'm blind on this one...can anyone help ?????
  • mattwhite1
    mattwhite1 Posts: 48
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    A little concerned here.

I arranged a years break with Egg in December due to losing my job, then moved in with my parents and had my mail redirected. Forgot about everything totally for the last 2 months as hadnt heard owt from anyone. Went back on today to update my address to see that my loan has been sold. Googling gave me the info I needed, and sent me here.

Worried that a) they will think I have defaulted as I havent responded to the "welcome" letter, and b) they they will consider the break arranged with Egg to be null and void (annoyingly wasnt backed up in writing, but Egg were decent about the whole thing throughout the last 6 months).

I have got a job in past month, but have built up so much personal debt to family that I need to pay them back for helping me get on my feet and really needed the extra few months to sort myself out.
    1st December 2010 - £29,200 Owed on Loans & Credit Cards :eek:
    1st December 2011 - £8600 Owed on Loan :beer:
    30th July 2012 - Loan Paid Off - Debt Free Day! #DFD
  • Does anyone know if we will have online access to our loans? The Egg Money manager was one of the better online banking tools I have used and I'm annoyed to lose it. I also wanted to overpay in the coming months to get it cleared off quicker, has any one found out if this will be possible?

• I've literally just found out about this when I went to update my address details with Egg. Because my address details were out of date I haven't had a letter and can't find any contact info online. If anyone knows a number to call so I can give this new company my new address I'd be really grateful!!
  • RichGold
    RichGold Posts: 1,244
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    What do Egg actually have left?
    A very large building in derby with a slightly smug postcode.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Snuggles
    Snuggles Posts: 1,001
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Does anyone know if we will have online access to our loans? The Egg Money manager was one of the better online banking tools I have used and I'm annoyed to lose it. I also wanted to overpay in the coming months to get it cleared off quicker, has any one found out if this will be possible?

Hi, I contacted Moorgate (or whatever they are called) to ask if I can still make overpayments, and they sent me a letter confirming that I can (although they didn't tell me how to go about it), and stating that all the terms and conditions remain the same.

I don't know if there are plans for online access though - I agree that this was a really useful feature. I notice that Moorgate have a "make a payment" button on their website, but it doesn't seem to work.
  • Snuggles
    Forumite
    siobhan81 wrote: »
    I've literally just found out about this when I went to update my address details with Egg. Because my address details were out of date I haven't had a letter and can't find any contact info online. If anyone knows a number to call so I can give this new company my new address I'd be really grateful!!

Hi, the contact number is 0845 234 1281.
  • Snuggles
    Forumite
    siobhan81 wrote: »
    I've literally just found out about this when I went to update my address details with Egg. Because my address details were out of date I haven't had a letter and can't find any contact info online. If anyone knows a number to call so I can give this new company my new address I'd be really grateful!!

And this is the website, which has a bit of info:

http://www.moorgateloanservicing.co.uk/portal/site/mlsbrit/
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    I thought Moorgate were debt collectors?
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure