Amazon Subscribe and Save scam!

2»

Comments

• boots_babe
    boots_babe Posts: 3,233 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    With Amazon's subscription service, you just get a %age discount from the item's normal price.

There is no guarantee the price will remain the same, which means that if the item's normal price goes up or down, your subscription price will too.

I've had one particular subscription with Amazon for a couple of years now, and have had the occasional increase/decrease over time.

I've got other subscriptions too and never had any problems. So it certainly isn't the case that they get you 'hooked' and then increase the price. Definitely not.

Also, remember they email you a few days prior to every despatch, and prior to any price increase/decrease. So you have the option to skip a particular delivery or cancel altogether.

No scam here, not really sure why you think Watchdog are called for.
  • pollyskettle
    pollyskettle Posts: 2,163 Forumite
    Amazon prices fluctuate wildly anyway. I have cat food on s&s, if price is high then I check mysupermarket.com to see if there are any offers on at the supermarkets. Then I put my amazon order back a month if need be. No sweat.

^^^^ This. I have cat, dog and rabbit food on s&s as well as sacks of rice and something else (I can't think what now, but I know there is something). If I run low, I check the price on Amazon and, unless it has wildly risen, I bring the delivery forward and at the normal delivery time, I check the emails when I get them saying that the item is being prepped for the price and if it's risen wildly I put the delivery back a while, if not, the order goes ahead. I rarely have to delay an order because of price rises, in fact, I can't remember the last time I did. Just last month I brought an order forward by three months and increased it because the supacat cat food we normally get had gone from £24/sack to £11/sack - at £10/sack on s&s, I bought 3 and now have enough cat food for months and months!

No scam here, just a little vigilance required by the buyer, and Amazon do most of the leg work for you even then by emailing you and telling you the price beforehand and giving you the option to cancel! I do keep one of each item that I have on s&s in my saved items so that I get alerted when I log in if the price changes.
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
  • I've only got one thing on subscribe and save and it's actually gone down in price.
    1008 Hollywalk Park Blog
  • FluffyFiFi
    FluffyFiFi Posts: 585 Forumite
    I have used subscribe and save for quite a few items and hadn't put two and two together but yes, after the 3rd delivery I have been notified the price has increased. This has happened to three items, one a hair dye, one cat food and one dog food. It does seem odd that it is always after the third delivery but so far I have just cancelled the subscribe and save and started the search again for the cheapest supplier.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure