JSA: job log alternative

2»

Comments

• book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    dookar wrote: »
    :D No I looked at them and decided whether people should get their money or not

I assume you work for the JC like 'busy mom'. :p

Oh yeah, there is a space where I need to fill in my name, NI number at the beginning of the sheet. :eek:I think the signature and date part is for the staff to sign and date.

Why do I need to fill in personal details on the job log? I thought it's not given the the DM as you said previously? Why is the job search sheet so detailed now?
  • I would be careful not to say that you may not a ongoing sanction if it is felt that you are not actively jobseeking.
    As a first time disallowance it is likely only to be for the weeks stated, but if it carried on then you may get a longer period, which can be up to 6 months.
    As mentioned you simply have to be exact and clear about the steps taken but it seems harsh when the JCP is shut for most of the time that your form covers.
    Nothing to see here :beer:
  • book12
    I would be careful not to say that you may not a ongoing sanction if it is felt that you are not actively jobseeking.
    As a first time disallowance it is likely only to be for the weeks stated, but if it carried on then you may get a longer period, which can be up to 6 months.
    As mentioned you simply have to be exact and clear about the steps taken but it seems harsh when the JCP is shut for most of the time that your form covers.

On my original joblog (ES4JP), I did write done exactly and clear about the steps taken to find/apply for a job.

I was given that sheet to fill in, without any explaination of why I need it or anything like that.

One of the sign-on staff recommended a job, which I didn't take, as I don't have experience in it. I've told them the truth about me having no experience in that job. So I was wondering if this is the reason for giving me that sheet. :o If I taken it, maybe they won't give me that sheet.? I don't know...:confused:

I hope I won't have to fill in that form again for the future periods of my sign-on.
  • dookar
    dookar Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    I would be careful not to say that you may not a ongoing sanction if it is felt that you are not actively jobseeking.

It's an entitlement question, not a sanction question. A disallowance will be for the week(s) the OP is deemed to not be ASE, no more no less and there is no upper duration.

Regarding job centres and potential employers) being closed, this will be taken into account -
    In order to have the best chance of getting employment claimants are expected to
    have to take more than two steps in any week unless taking one or two steps is all that it is reasonable for them to do in that week .
  • dookar
    dookar Posts: 1,654 Forumite
    book12 wrote: »

One of the sign-on staff recommended a job, which I didn't take, as I don't have experience in it. I've told them the truth about me having no experience in that job. So I was wondering if this is the reason for giving me that sheet. :o If I taken it, maybe they won't give me that sheet.? I don't know...:confused:

I woudn't have thought so, refual of empoyment is very different from ASE, evidence to support one may have nothing to do with the other
  • book12
    I've been told to fill in that form again.

I asked them why I have to fill in that form again. They said it's a new version of the job log, and it's more logical / bette than the old version.
  • KimYeovil
    KimYeovil Posts: 6,156 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    You have thirteen days, twenty-three hours and fifty-three minutes between signings to carry out the job search activities and take a note of them. Shouldn't be hard to complete the form if you are actively seeking work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure