My nan & I purchased an item online - what to do next?

2»

Comments

• Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Chino wrote: »
    You mean the padlock that the means the scamster is serious about scamming people and thought it worthwhile to spend all of $400 for an SSL certificate? (and paid for using another victim's card details)

Indeed, I purchased a couple for the company I work for today. No requests for any kind of proof of identity. SSL certificates came through the day after the application.
  • callum9999
    callum9999 Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    book12 wrote: »
    I searched the retailer online on google, and there are articles and reviews that it's scam site.

Hope that answer your questions. :)

It didn't answer the question because it doesn't say WHO the retailer is!
    It's been there for years, how do people still not know about the little padlock?!

Is there a padlock on tablet web browsers? Maybe I'm just not remembering seeing it, but I don't recall one on my Android tablet.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    callum9999 wrote: »
    Is there a padlock on tablet web browsers? Maybe I'm just not remembering seeing it, but I don't recall one on my Android tablet.
    I see it even on my Android phone.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    If there's not one on your tablet you must be using a real crap browser, as both my phone and tablet clearly show the padlock on secure web pages, and I can easily view the certificate. Whilst I'm on secure web pages, the address is also clearly shown at the top of the screen.
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Anyway, spoke to my nan. The bank cancelled the card and ordered a new one for her. Transaction has went through straight away when ordering it 2 days ago, so can't stop the transaction. O well.
    It didn't answer the question because it doesn't say WHO the retailer is!

Retailer is bootsuksale.
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite

Retailer is bootsuksale.

Ah so she has ordered some UGG boots.....

Heads up.
    Unhelpfull advice.
    There is no such thing as a fake UGG... They are a style of boot, not a trademarked brand.
    Vast majority for even the big brands like, Deckers are made in China... At a guess by the same manufacture that your nan used....

Stopping the card was nothing but a waste of time. These are not Unauthorised retailers. They are genuine chineese companies selling goods.

Helpfull advice time.

If the goods do not arrive 15 days after debit call the bank back and get a chargeback actioned for non reciept.
    Nice and simple.
    If they arrive and shes not happy (read wrong size, not as ordered) then she is going to have to jump through some hoops, to get her money back.

Now go back and train you nan how to use google and check out the retailer before ordering goods....
    Simple stuff like making sure they have a UK tel no and address. Read the T/C for returns policy/process....
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
  • book12
    book12 Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    I mean counterfeit boots...

The website doesn't mention address, contact details, VAT no., etc...

I have googled the payment processing system that the website uses, and some of them say it's a scam processing system.

The Ugg website has a section to check out authorised and unauthorised online retailers. I typed that company in and it says that the website might be selling counterfeit boots. Hence, the actions taken mentioned in the thread already.

The confirmation email we got after ordering, there's no contact details, just a gmail address.
    dalesrider wrote: »
    Ah so she has ordered some UGG boots.....

Heads up.
    Unhelpfull advice.
    There is no such thing as a fake UGG... They are a style of boot, not a trademarked brand.
    Vast majority for even the big brands like, Deckers are made in China... At a guess by the same manufacture that your nan used....

Stopping the card was nothing but a waste of time. These are not Unauthorised retailers. They are genuine chineese companies selling goods.

Helpfull advice time.

If the goods do not arrive 15 days after debit call the bank back and get a chargeback actioned for non reciept.
    Nice and simple.
    If they arrive and shes not happy (read wrong size, not as ordered) then she is going to have to jump through some hoops, to get her money back.

Now go back and train you nan how to use google and check out the retailer before ordering goods....
    Simple stuff like making sure they have a UK tel no and address. Read the T/C for returns policy/process....
  • dalesrider
    dalesrider Posts: 3,447 Forumite
    I mean counterfeit boots...

The website doesn't mention address, contact details, VAT no., etc...

So you didn't check 1st...
    So can I guess that you talked your nan into buying you a pair.
    Still you are not alone. There are plenty of threads on these boards about this.....
    I have googled the payment processing system that the website uses, and some of them say it's a scam processing system.

Oh.. My fav word SCAM.... So how do these people that post such stuff know its a scam?? then???
    There are now thousands of payment processing companies. China proberly has more than the rest of the world as well.... All are legit.
    The Ugg website has a section to check out authorised and unauthorised online retailers. I typed that company in and it says that the website might be selling counterfeit boots. Hence, the actions taken mentioned in the thread already.

So why, did you not just go straight to them. Or did the price seem too good to be true.

So stopping your nans card helps in what way???? All you have done is cause her inconvience when she least needs it.

Its not going to stop the goods from coming. Its not going to help get the money back, if they do arrive.
    Just because they are not "Genuine" is not a reason to get your money back.

What you have bought is FUGG's :rotfl: The type that the likes of Primarni etc sell.
    The confirmation email we got after ordering, there's no contact details, just a gmail address.

Well at least if they arrive you have some contact details...

Start praying they do not arrive in 15 days. It by far the easist way to be resolved. Thankfully with xmas here customs are on the lookout for this stuff and may sieze them. You then get a nice letter from them, talking about importing counterfeit goods and prosecution.....

I know this comes accross as harsh, it is not ment too, but there is no other way of putting it.

You have searched all this info AFTER making the purchase.... So why not do it before... Or was it a case of £££ blindness.

These companies are after nothing other than selling the goods. They do not care about card details or stuff like this.
    They do not debit you again after the purchase, well unless you are happy and buy another pair. Which many people are happy to do.
    Never ASSUME anything its makes a
    >>> A55 of U & ME <<<
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family