Who is using Windows 8?

Comments

• But Microsoft being Microsoft who are on a good OS,bad OS cycle think NOTHING of producing an OS that is suited to Touchscreen Tablets and having the temerity to plonk it onto DESKTOP SYSTEMS. Is this the actions of a Company that cares I think not.
    As for Windows 7 on Vista engine, man I feel it!!! But it is so nice to have a working OS after my trauma with Vista.
    As a result even though it is not MSE I will change over to Apple and have a windows pc for windows needs, and get myself a linux thing for therapy.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • I have only had my netbook for a few months and it is beginning to feel heavy despite limited use of HDD and limiting use of software and data on it.
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • Still using Windows 7 and will continue to do so for now. Interesting feedback on Windows 8
  • silkyuk9
    silkyuk9 Posts: 2,815 Forumite
    I went from win XP to 7 but as 8 was only 25 quid to dl I bought that. For me its great, im basically a home user, surf the net play a few online games and download some odds and sods I have not had any issues, ive not used all the features but its never crashed or gone wrong. I clean my pc regularly with CClean keep it updated and im very happy. As a business user I cant comment. Nut home user I find it does what I want
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • RobTang
    RobTang Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    almillar wrote: »
    What are the flaws with Win7 that affected your productivity?

The new start screen acts like a red rag to bull.
    People get so enraged they can no longer function properly, it then starts consuming their every waking moment and they end up starting posting hyperbole on internet forums.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,124
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    sam959 wrote: »
    The only reason most of you are saying that windows 8 is rubbish is because its not really made for working on its more for multimedia at home than anything else! I don't use it myself but windows 7 will not be going anywhere so don't know why everyone is moaning about how bad windows 8 is.
    Well, that first bit pretty much sums it up.

And yes, I reckon Windows 8 is suited to running one application from the home screen though, eg. a movie player.

Of course, you don't really need a new PC to play movies though.
  • silkyuk9
    RobTang wrote: »
    The new start screen acts like a red rag to bull.
    People get so enraged they can no longer function properly, it then starts consuming their every waking moment and they end up starting posting hyperbole on internet forums.
    I downloaded the start button as that's one thing not on 8 after that ive had no issues, yes its quite frustrating that there is no start button
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • silkyuk9 wrote: »
    I downloaded the start button as that's one thing not on 8 after that ive had no issues, yes its quite frustrating that there is no start button

Do you not have one on your keyboard?
  • silkyuk9
    anewhope wrote: »
    Do you not have one on your keyboard?

Not sure what you mean? but proberly do but not investigated as I always use the mouse to press the start button then go to my progs
  • Another 7 vs 8 thread, loosing count as to how many i am seeing all over the web. Lets start with windows 7 is a great OS there is no denying that. Windows 8 is a good OS that i feel will get better over time. Im currently running 8 and it satisfies all my needs as a home and part time business user.Yeas things are tricky at start, and yes the removal of the start feature was bold decision they took.

But i see it this way, im competent in all OS's , be that windows,linux,BSD and mac. A good example of this happening in the past is Ubuntu changing to the unity interface and there was uproar, but people got used to it. People will get used to windows 8 over time.

Now the start menu has gone and i have got used to that fact(yes i know there are programs to bring it back) and honestly i really dont miss it.One tap of the windows key and type the program i want and hit enter and its up.It really is up to the end user if they like it or not.

If your not sure if you would cope on windows 8, pop into a pc world etc and have a play around on one, if you dont like it stick with windows 7 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure