Please HELP MSE test new cheap contact lens tool

Comments

• Hi- Might be being silly but I noticed that under Basch and Lamb dailies you have one option for soflens daily disposable and one for soflens daily disposables - surely this is the same thing? sorry if being daft :D
    I can also see the text submit query over the search button. Looks a fab tool though, does this just show the top prices or include most companies? I noticed specsavers isn't on there (although I know their not the cheapest it gives a good comparison?)
  • tt2505
    tt2505 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Great new search tool :)

I found my lens' straight away & found the cheapest price ever for them :j

I will certainly use it when I need to re-order.

Thanks MSE :T
  • LouLou wrote: »
    Couldn't get the pricechecker to work properly about half an hour ago, but it now works for the few I've tried. Maybe add these too (budget dailies option): http://www.contactlenses.co.uk/details787_167.html

These should hopefully appear tomorrow.
  • Couldn't see any Acuvue or Focus Daily lenses.
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Ciba vision
    Toric
    Focus Dailies Toric

Unfortunately no results were found for these lenses. If you think we missed something let us know
  • Just used this and thought it was great to show the prices of lenses. It's difficult for me to compare though as my plan is £15 a month for the lenses, solution and all contact lens check appointments. So although the lenses themselves may appear a lot cheaper at around £7 a month, when I add in the cost of solution and lens checks I probably wouldn't save anything. Maybe adding a price comparison or a table to show solution prices would be good, and general lens check prices. Just a thought.

Agree completely. My monthly payment includes twice-yearly lens checks and a full eye test every other year, as well as solutions and cases, all posted directly to my home. If my prescription changes at any point, they change the lenses without any additional cost. Need to include these in any comparisons.
  • Just tried my usual order & found I can save upto £37 (90days j&j trueye) as my supplier comes up as one of the most expensive!

Although I sometimes order just 60 days 'cos I don't always wear lenses.

Pity I've just received my latest order.
    £12k in '12 No.18: £4610/£12k :o
    Savings Targets: (Dec'11) £23.9k/£25k +£6-9k [STRIKE](+£6.5k)[/STRIKE] Deposit & Fees, Emergency Etc [STRIKE](& 0% CC repayment)[/STRIKE]
    Big Target: £6+k savings + <£250k mortgage in Nov'12 MFW Status: Still renting ->MF date 2027???
  • dahboulton wrote: »
    Agree completely. My monthly payment includes twice-yearly lens checks and a full eye test every other year, as well as solutions and cases, all posted directly to my home. If my prescription changes at any point, they change the lenses without any additional cost. Need to include these in any comparisons.
    Seconded... I have just become aware of the possibility to buy lenses online, but at first look, the monthly solutions are additional and should be factored in, plus the annual eyesight test and lense checks. I have not examined in great detail yet, but my annual spend at Specsavers for 12 pairs of lenses, 12x 250 ml solutions, 2x checks and 1x eyesight test is 12 x £10.
  • I need different lenses for each eye - R is Toric and L is Aspheric. Prices shown are for same type of lens.
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    eye checks are approx £20
    solutions can also be bought online or in bulk from the likes of costco
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business