Free 'Cooking Good Food on a Budget' e-Book!

2»

Comments

• JanineB
    JanineB Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sent these to my other half. He loves cooking :)
  • madtog
    madtog Posts: 32 Forumite
    Thanks, I found these very useful
    :cool: Mad Togs & Englishmen go out in the midday sun :hello:
  • markkeogh
    markkeogh Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 18 September 2009 at 2:17PM
    Thanks again everyone,
    it's with these sort of posts that comments like the ones below come about.
    Feel very proud of yourselves for getting it out there all who started this, and pass it on as much as you can. (crossed out the names for privacy)

Qoutes:

Hi Karen,
    I hope Mark gets some work out of this as well, as it is really good.

NAME=xxxx
    COMMENT=Thanks, recently become a single parent at the ripe old age of 41, these downloads were just what I needed. Thanks Again

Hi,

Thank you both for doing something wonderful for mankind, I was made redundant and know too well what a struggle grocery shopping is on a Budget, when there is no income.

Thank you again, people like you Really Do Make The World Much Sweeter to live in. xx

I feel sure that your kindness will be rewarded.

Hi, I just saw a link to your book on moneysavingexpert.com forum. I'm currently studying to be a teacher (part time in order to take care of our daughter) and my husband's monthly wage is £12 more than our rent. I'd love to see your recipe book but my computer won't let me open it. Is there any way you could email it to me, or show me anther link (i've had no luck with PDF) it would be so hugely appreciated! thank you and God bless you for this book, I know it will help so many people living on a shoe string!
    Regards,

xx

Just a few of the comments, you should all feel very proud to help people. Just got to find sponsorship now to really drive it forward.

Wish us luck and thanks again.

Any suggestions on what we do next or help would be very gratefully appreciated as we're like a rabbit in headlights now!

All the very best to you all.

Mark and Karen Keogh
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for this. To be honest I wasn't too impressed with part 1 but the chicken jointing instructions are useful (still not jointed a raw chicken yet). Facing redundancy and with OH with very little work at the moment, perhaps I have a renewed attitude towards it all but your part 2 is definitely improved and inspiring ;)

Will be printing it off later and hoping to get some tips to stretch any redundancy pay at far as possible ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Wow,thanks for these,have downloaded both "booklets",not had time to read them through as im off to work soon,but from what ive seen im very impressed.
    must admit tho would need more than just a Tuna sandwich for lunch,whilst water is fine for drinking (and free from the tap) I also give my girls a piece of fruit(or 2)and some calcium(yoghurt,cheese etc),in their packed lunch,but cereal for brekkie is fine and the main meal ideas look fantastic(wish we still had 2009 prices tho)But even taking into account the rise in food prices im confident these recipes will help reduce my weekly food bill,ive a weeks holiday from work during Feb',im gonna give the full thing a proper trial..Brilliant Thanks again,much appreciated.
    Slimming World..Wk1,..STS,..Wk2,..-2LB,..Wk3,..-3.5lb,..Wk4,..-2.5,..Wk5,..-1/2lb,Wk6,..STS,..Wk7,..-1lb.
    Week 10,total weightloss is now 13.5lbs Week 11 STSweek 14(I think)..-2, total loss now 1 stone exactly
    GOT TO TARGET..1/2lb under now weigh 10st 6.5(lost 1st 3.5lbs)
  • What a nice idea - you've worked really hard to try & explain things clearly for the novice chef. I'm sure these books will have helped a lot of people - good luck in getting the next instalment done.

I like the way you've tried to include ideas of alternative veg to add for vegetarians, because they are often left out of this type of guide.
    - You've already mentioned buying veg from markets - surpluses can easily be washed, chopped & frozen (especially useful if you're veggie) -& dried pulses can be even cheaper than tinned (ethnic supermarkets tend to sell these, rice & spices/herbs in much larger quantities & far cheaper).
    - You can always consider suggesting using soya mince (dried is cheap for a big bag - in most supermarkets they now do their own-brand or get from health food shops). It can be simmered first in your tasty basic stock of tomato/garlic/spice/herb base to gain a soft texture & take in the flavours before cooking the rest of the recipe as for whatever meat you've used (you may need to add a little more liquid). Advantage - low in fat/cholesterol & high in protein; keeps for ages in the cupboard.
    - For your Sunday dinner, you could suggest veggies make a nut, rice or lentil roast which is the traditional veggie non-meat option :) (you should be able to grab or adapt eg one or two simple MSE veggie recipes using your store cupboard & credit if required) or put a nice veg mix in pastry & serve with the other vegetables you suggest.
    - With the third part I'm sure you'll mention adding in more fruit, including in desserts, which can be still be very healthy, tasty & cheaper than shop-made ones. I bet your friend is much more confident cooking now!

Hope the new job goes well & you enjoy your radio appearances.

Best Wishes.

Splash
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family