Kitchen Design - 'Wanted' Wall Unit to fit microwave

Looking for a wall unit to take a microwave oven, cant find any..

Anyone have any ideas, apart from putting it on 2 L shaped brackets in the space.

Will be going on stud wall, with battons across for good fixings..

Anyone know.?

Comments

• GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,320
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You could always modify a wall unit such as a over cooker unit but it would need to be reninforced on the base will more screws or white blocks on the inside to take the weight.
    Caravans have m/waves in cupboards so i cant see why they aren't in kitchens.
    If you need help just pm me
    Niall
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • bonar
    bonar Posts: 228
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ikea sell a unit that houses a microwave oven.
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Have a B&Q 'it' kitchen which were fitting. Wanted the microwave in a unit so its out of the way, i like the idea of this unit but might struggle with height & getting one of the doors to fit.

Looks like this unit might require a bridging cupboard door..

Ikea unit..

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S79810243
  • poet123
    poet123 Posts: 24,099 Forumite
    We used a half size wall unit with larger side pieces and the microwave(which came from B&Q was fiited on a shelf under the unit fromed by the larger side pieces and a bottom piece. It was an integrated microwave though,bought specially to fit in the small space. PM me if you want the model.
  • Alias_Omega
    Forumite
    Forgot to mentions, the size of the wall units are..

H720 x W??? x D290mm

So some how, would need to be the same depth, and height to blend in. Width, well whatever is needed. Hopefully get a bridging cabinet on top of it with a shelf & door to merge it in good.
  • Alias_Omega
    Forumite
    poet123 wrote: »
    We used a half size wall unit with larger side pieces and the microwave(which came from B&Q was fiited on a shelf under the unit fromed by the larger side pieces and a bottom piece. It was an integrated microwave though,bought specially to fit in the small space. PM me if you want the model.

Our kitchen is B&Q, and we were wondering how it could be put on the wall. I have no issues with fitting 2 of them 'L' shaped brackets to the wall, then putting the unit around it and fitting the plastic cover on it afterwards.

We have seen a fitted microwave for £80, and wanted to see if it could be put into the kitchen, as we have a 1200mm wall free to fill. Probably 300mm of that is taken by a unit & corner post on the adjacent wall, so space to fill above the kettle.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I used a bridging cupboard.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,163
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Our microwave is on a shelf in a tall larder cupboard if that's any help. The coffee machine is on another shelf.

There was already a socket on the wall where the larder unit was going, so my husband cut small holes for the flex's to go through down to the socket.

Don't know if that is any help or not?!
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Alias_Omega
    Forumite
    Hi all, we were thinking of stacking 2 bridging units to house the microwave, no space to put in a larder unit yet, unless we change the fridge freezer,but seen a ex-display intergrated fridge for £220 in a shop.

Sockets are easy to install, i was an electrician in a former life..
  • Alias_Omega
    Forumite
    600 bridging unit is..

Width (mm):600 Depth (mm):290 Height (mm):280

Cheapest microwave in Argos for size purposes

Microwave

Size (H)25.8, (W)43.3, (D)32.8cm.
    Weight 10.7kg.

The wall units are 720mm high, so will need 2x briding units stacked, with either an oven filler panel which is 115mm high, or a draw front (unsure on height but about 140mm).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure