Driving Licence App. Scam **Avoid**

Hi

I got caught from this site, www(dvla-driving-licence) thinking I was renewing my driving licence.

Turns out they JUST fill the form out for you and send YOU back the form to send to the DVLA.. £60 for the privilege!

£60..

Now, they won't fully refund me as they say that they will only refund their Service fee of £40.. Total cost is £60.. They say they have already lost the fee that they have sent to the DVLA, but of course a Licence NEEDS a Signature? :doh:

How, have they sent ANYTHING to the DVLA - Rubbish..

Had a large email chain with them, quoting the distance selling regs, and Trading Standards, but they won't budge.

I'm NOT letting this crew get away with it.

Problem is you can't get hold of the "Trading Standards" now? You used to be able to liaise with them, now it's ALL the Citizens Advice. You just lodge a report, which does nothing for the individual.

Sooooo.. the only thing I am left with is Small claims court for £20. :wall:

Just wany EVERYONE to be aware.. Trouble is I should have known better, could really kick myself, but it's the unsuspecting youngsters going for their first licence - THAT's the ones that are going to get caught by this.

I'll make sure this site get's some negative exposure.

Comments

• wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This crops up from time to time.

Here is another thread from earlier this year:
    You will see that as you agreed to them starting to provide the service as soon as you applied to them, your rights to cancel have disappeared.

Passport applications, Driving test applications , European Health card applications and Land Registry enquiries are also targets for these types of people.

Unfortunately they appear to be operating within the law, so it really is a case of being aware when applying for things like this.
  • tomwakefield
    tomwakefield Posts: 8,036 Forumite
    Top of first page after clicking proceed
    By proceeding to apply online, you have agreed to our terms and conditions. We comply with Data Protection Act and assure that this data will only be used to process your application. You will be asked to provide your personal information, you must review the Terms of Business and Privacy Policy. Our service is not connected to or affiliated with the UK Government or Driving Vehicle Licence Agency and acts as an agent processing the application. These services are available from other government sources for no fee.
    Unfortunately you're out of luck, as they're legal, albeit unethical.

As a hint, for official government documents, put "site:gov.uk" at the end of your search. That limits the range of the search to the stated domain, and you should end up getting the official page fairly quickly.
    Competition wins: Where's Wally Goody Bag, Club badge branded football, Nivea for Men Goody Bag
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,731
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Others have warned against this company too - it did not stop you making the same mistake, it wont stop others.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As a hint, for official government documents, put "site:gov.uk" at the end of your search. That limits the range of the search to the stated domain, and you should end up getting the official page fairly quickly.

Another way of getting rid of those adverts at the top of search results list is to use something like AdBlockPlus.

Just install it and forget it.

What's more... it's free and will banish ads from many many places across the internet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure