British Gas GRRRRRR

2»

Comments

• C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    National grid would have shut your gas off and would not do this on the instruction of an agent. The agent for safety reasons has to report any Possible gas leaks or they would find themselfs out a job.

National Grid would not of shut your gas off if he or she did not find a high reading of carbon monoxide in your house.

Slight correction- National Grid do not carry any apparatus for atmospheric sampling/detection of CO or any other gases other than CH4.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • tbw
    tbw Posts: 5,137 Forumite
    National grid would have shut your gas off and would not do this on the instruction of an agent. The agent for safety reasons has to report any Possible gas leaks or they would find themselfs out a job.

National Grid would not of shut your gas off if he or she did not find a high reading of carbon monoxide in your house.

I'm sorry but you are wrong! The British Gas Helpline told me that they were going to get ALL of my gas supply shut off. This was because I was having ongoing problems with my gas fire which kept turning itself off(it was only a few months old). British Gas engineers were visiting me on a weekly basis, changing a bit here and a bit there, scratching their heads and admitting that they didn't know what the problem was. At least 5 engineers had confirmed that there was no safety risk at all becuase the fire had several safety features which shut the whole thing down - there was NO chance of a leak on the appliance.

The Helpline staff chose to get my supply shut off (twice in 2 weeks) simply because they were being unpleasant t**** ! They knew darn well that there was no safety problem but just didn't want to send an engineer out yet again. They even told me to throw a bucket of water over my Rayburn, open all the doors and windows and stand in the garden until the engineers arrived (9.30 pm, January night, -2 C.

I understand that safety is paramount but they really did know that there was no leak - enough of their own engineers had reported back. When the Emergency people came, they laughed and said BG were always doing this, they confirmed that there was no risk at all, left the supply on, had a cup of coffee and went !

A month later (and 5 more engineer visits which solved nothing) I lost my rag and phoned Baxi. Baxi fixed the problem in 7 minutes (and that included writing the report ticket!

British Gas are FAR from perfect.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
  • Hi mspig

I'm glad you were able to sort it out hun, I have my gas meter outside how odd however it is in shelter. Don't you just hate it when the gas runs out and now one tells you, seems in my house i'm the only one that checks it lol.
    Have a great christmas
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport