Roadside Recovery: AutoAid Feedback

Comments

• Been with AutoAid for 3 years but never had cause to claim.
    But, their service includes Caravans!!!
  • colliecrew
    colliecrew Posts: 246 Forumite
    We've been with Autoaid for 5 years now.
    We've used their services twice for breakdowns and have had our claims paid very promptly.
    Can't recommend them highly enough!!!!
    2011 Wins - Dave Gorman Tickets :j Sony Bravia TV :beer:
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's interesting. From this thread (and the other one on the subject of breakdown services) everyone who's ever used AutoAid seems to rate them favourably. But there's also a big backlash against them, from people who want to justify paying more for the "big name" rescue services. Without an exception, none of the detractors have ever used AutoAid.

Go figure!
  • judderman62
    judderman62 Posts: 5,134 Forumite
    MarkyMarkD wrote:
    It's interesting. From this thread (and the other one on the subject of breakdown services) everyone who's ever used AutoAid seems to rate them favourably. But there's also a big backlash against them, from people who want to justify paying more for the "big name" rescue services. Without an exception, none of the detractors have ever used AutoAid.

Go figure!

bogus point in my opinion - I have never shoved a red hot poker up my @rse or put my wedding tackle in a blender and flipped the on switch either but I can decide without trying these that they're not for me.

There are enough points made in the other thread you mention , http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=382130, for anyone that hasn't seen it that clarify why auto aid isn't for some of us.

As a perfect example I do not want to have to pay up front and claim back - auto aid require you to do this, I don't want to - so why do I need to try auto aid to see if it's for me ? :confused:

Clearly Auto Aid is for some and not others - can we not live and let live and those that like Auto Aid continue using them and those of us for whom they hold no appeal will carry on not using them - we're all different and I'm darned glad for that.
    Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • MarkyMarkD
    Forumite
    No, it's not a bogus point.

Whilst I absolutely agree that for anyone who doesn't want (or can't afford) to pay and claim, AutoAid is inappropriate (and that's pretty obvious from Martin's original article), for people who haven't used AutoAid to claim spuriously that they get better service from the big name recovery operators is bogus. They simply don't know the truth of the matter.

The only people who can meaningfully comment on AutoAid's quality of service are those who have used it. And they are universally in support.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,583
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I agree that there should be freedom of choice.

The whole point of this site is moneysaving and for most people it's worth saving (sometimes quite a bit) of money for the "inconvenience of paying", making a claim and getting a prompt payment.

However if others want the privilege of not paying and claiming then of course they are free to do so.
    Not everyone has credit cards or credit limits available.
  • perryash1
    perryash1 Posts: 75 Forumite
    I have used auto aid for the last 4 years after paying far too much for far too long for poor service with the aa, and I must say that auto aid have been great, we used them once last year after breaking down not far from our house, I had my young children in the car and the operator I spoke to assured me that he would get someone to me within the half hour, which he did. The guy that came to us towed the car to a garage that we use and then took us home and didnt even charge us. Top class service and they really are worth £32 a year, considering we used to pay well over £100 with the aa and we certainly never got service like that with them!
  • Andrew_L.
    Andrew_L. Posts: 17 Forumite
    Auto Aid sounds worth a try, but I have to ask "Is it available in Scotland(Edinburgh area)?"

I ask because sometimes these money-savers only operate in (say) the London area.
  • MarkyMarkD
    Forumite
    They provide their service nationwide.
  • I've just had my renewal in and it's £34?
    I am a fee charging WoM Mortgage broker.
    I now no longer give information and opinion within the Mortgage boards, because a number of posters who, having approached me professionally, agreed my fee-which has been been made very clear at the outset, taken my advice (normally cancelling a [home visit] meeting at short notice) have then approached one of the fee-free brokers on here to arrange the very same deal I have advised.
    Whilst I totally concur with the ethos of "money saving"- abusing the goodwill of a professional who provides a quality service is taking it too far! :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure