Would you ask for a doggy bag?

13»

Comments

• I don't often have leftovers in restaurants but was told by a Best Western Hotel restaurant that they don't allow doggy bags for "health and safety"!

Didn't press the issue

Went to a local carvery at the end of their service and we asked for, and were given, a large piece of roast beef which was "only for the cat". My OH at the time said it was delicious
  • There should be an option on the poll "I'm a greedy swine that never ever leaves anything at a restaurant to need a doggy bag" that would be me :)

If I wanted one I'd take my own to save asking.
    If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
  • pukkamum
    pukkamum Posts: 3,942 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I too was once told they couldn't give me it to me for 'health and safety reasons' what tosh!
    I said in that case could i have some extra napkins and i wrapped it up myself, there must have been half a bloody turkey left on my plate no way i was leaving it!
    I don't get nearly enough credit for not being a violent psychopath.
  • sharnad
    sharnad Posts: 9,904 Forumite
    No I usually dont have anything left to doggy bag and I don't like reheating food
    Needing to lose weight start date 26 December 2011 current loss 60 pound Down. Lots more to go to get into my size 6 jeans
  • tescobabe69
    tescobabe69 Posts: 7,504 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 1:03PM
    Wouldnt bother, I usually go for chinese or indian, chinese doesnt reheat well anyway.

I do insist that, if we go to an all you can eat place, that it is order what you can eat, not order what you want to poke around the plate.
    We use two chinese all you can eat places, and they will just keep bringing food, I would consider it an insult to order it and not eat it.

*edit*
    That pushed me into popping for a chinese with the lad, very nice too.
  • I often ask to take excess food home as most restaurant portions, even just ordering a main, are far too large for me.

Most food warms up fine and if its something nice, I can enjoy it again the next day.

For those of you who 'proudly' clear your plates, I think that food eaten when you are full is no less wasted than food that is thrown away.
  • katybeauty
    katybeauty Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2012 at 5:39PM
    i went in a chain restaurant with my elderly auntie.. they gave her a massive piece of chicken which she couldnt eat..i asked for a doggie bag and was told they couldnt because of elf and safety..when i asked why they said that she might heat it up and get food poisoning.. my auntie did mention that she is 85 and seems to have lasted so far ..absolute madness
    i would have been better sneaking it into my bag
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport