free mclaren hinge covers

kez1234
kez1234 Posts: 2,079 Forumite
edited 27 April 2012 at 7:46PM in Freebies (no spend required)
Maclaren has developed hinge covers which can be easily affixed to the elbow joints of the buggy. Please complete the fields below to receive your free hinge covers

http://covers.maclaren.co.uk/order.php

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

If you have a Maclaren buggy made before May 2010 hinge covers are available free from its website on the link above or by calling its customer service department on 01327 841320. Buggies made after that date have a new style hinge that's enclosed so don't need them.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• han694
    han694 Posts: 218 Forumite
    Thanks for this, Have send off
  • Installed the covers and double checked as per instructions. Now when the pram is folded the storage clip (which clips the pram together) gets caught on the cover (installed to prevent fingers being severed) and has bent it! Had a horrible call with Maclaren who tell me that I will have to take the pram to a service centre that is over an hours drive away, leave my pram there, and I might have to pay for the repairs!! Even though I installed their covers to cover their design fault they have told me that they are not obliged to do anything about children having their fingers severed and that the covers were basically a good will gesture!! I am disgusted!!
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,889 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Chicky wrote: »
    Installed the covers and double checked as per instructions. Now when the pram is folded the storage clip (which clips the pram together) gets caught on the cover (installed to prevent fingers being severed) and has bent it! Had a horrible call with Maclaren who tell me that I will have to take the pram to a service centre that is over an hours drive away, leave my pram there, and I might have to pay for the repairs!! Even though I installed their covers to cover their design fault they have told me that they are not obliged to do anything about children having their fingers severed and that the covers were basically a good will gesture!! I am disgusted!!

You want the ranting/venting board here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=82
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • summertreats
    summertreats Posts: 1,568 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    still available thanks :)
    september wins:khaled hosseini kindle case
  • This is Maclaren all over.

Badly designed prams and buggies that can kill or injure a child but they do absolutely nothing about it.

My first pram was from this awful company and the brakes kept locking up when I was pushing it.

They had it in and said nothing wrong - kept happening, I took it back and the bloke in the shop (now closed down) refused to do anymore. Went to another Maclaren shop and the man there contacted Maclaren who refused to help. He had a look at it and he told me it was faulty but nothing he could do!

I sent complaint letters to Maclaren who totally refused to do anything. I later learnt they knew of the design fault but like always with this company, they relied on people getting fed up and buying a new pram!

I never bought from them again and would recommend everyone to steer very clear away from this company.

Mothercare were the best place I found - if you buy anything from them you can take it back to them, anywhere in the country and they'll lend you a replacement - this was many years ago so I don't know if still the same but they were excellent in comparison!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure