Ultimate Challenge. 457 days / £16600!!!

Comments

• killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,644
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Neat, I didn't realise... Starting to think I should read more carefully. How is it going?

Medical studies scare me. They seem difficult.
  • Killer - On the contrary... You earned a night out on the tiles. There is a lot on your shoulders for one so young! You have no debts, a good job... Enjoy it within reason!! :)

Hope you weren't too hung over yesterday ;) HAHAHA!

Lister fingers crossed for your exam. Medical :eek: you brave lady!!!
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • Siouxsie32
    Siouxsie32 Posts: 1,987
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    ... and a lot of regret juice.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • killerpeaty
    killerpeaty Posts: 2,644
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The regret in my regret juice was very strong...Definitely want to do it again.
  • Hi all :) ooh lister which medical profession 'nurse' or 'doctor'? good luck with the exam :). Killer hope you enjoyed your night :). I am just watching elf :) abit of xmas cheer :D x
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • Listerbelle
    Listerbelle Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Doctor :)

Have many of you listed on ebay this weekend? It's another free one :)
    Your biggest asset is TIME! I'm focused on multi-generational financial freedom.
  • I'M BACK!!!!

Shall read through posts and write a little more very very soon!!!

Hope you have all been debt busting bunnies!!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Yay! Welcome back Kat. Hope your cat is ok & happy to see you!

No broken legs or anything? :)
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NinjaSavingKat
    NinjaSavingKat Posts: 3,382
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 10 December 2012 at 11:43AM
    Morning Kittens..

So I popped my head over the parapet last night and fell asleep not long after..:p

Superb weekend with a group of like minded women, walked about 25km in total. More of a bimble than a "hike" but the town we stayed in Moreton-in-Marsh was chocolate box perfect. Made me think just how much I would love my own home in order to buy all the pretty things from the stores they have there... However there was a distinct sniff that the perfection obtained by said village was only through Stepford Wifes proportions. Grass was too neat, hedges to perfect, walls to clean and the sheep to fluffy...

It felt like it was made for tourists and all the facades comes down around 2nd January.. or Mr McGregor the kindly local farmer, always on-hand with insightful information, who turns up out of no-where even when you don't need him has a slight grimace and nervous tick when a "town folk" wander too far off the correct path or ask a difficult questions...:rotfl:

However I found a dark blue vintage pillbox hat in a charity shop and bought it. Despite being in place of food I didn't starve. It cost me £12.95 - with £30 being budgeted already for the weekend and £17.85 spent on meals - my total was destroyed by the stray 80p..(£30.80 ) yet I managed to get the money from an eBay sell through - finally - to the grand total of £3.95. So I am within budget...( although was a little naughty )..

I have a very precise £117.30 left and have everything itemized on a spreadsheet. I have called my mechanics and will be getting a quote sent through very shortly for repairs on Friday - this has to be done. I have overtime at the weekend and cannot travel without an indicator or brake lever and since it starts and end at stupid o'clock I need the bike. It balances out with the money earned - and I may have enough funds to scrape together from my petrol fund!..

I have precisely £113 in my petrol account. I need to renew my weekly travel card for £69 on Wednesday - which is wasted over the weekend as I have to use the bike and is for 7 days, I only need it for 5 as I got home next Tuesday and have a ticket to the airport booked...

Individual tickets for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Monday would cost me £68. No real difference eh? So the remainder of £45 will be for the bike plus the possible £15 emergency money I have set aside from Mummy.... If I can avoid this I will. There is nothing else I can cut from my own budget this month to accommodate this and will have to consider petrol when I get back from Ireland on the 28th as I have overtime booked for the 29th and 30th and don't get paid until the morning of the 31st.

So there needs to be some serious knuckling down here... I am not sure if I can sell anything before I leave for home and have enough time to post it but I am going to have a look now...

Fingers crossed on the bike bits please....

I have the Christmas work lunch on Thursday and will try and eat as much as possible for breakfast so I don't order with my belly and I shall order only water..as a veggie I have already seen the menu and paid £5 deposit last month so that should be put towards it I hope. I have £25 budgeted for this ( if it seems like a lot remember I am in London )... but I intend to come away with at least £8 left...

I have £90 in my account which I don't want to spend until I get home.. it covers £40 for Mumsy which might reduce to £20, £25 for a meal with girlfriends I haven't seen in AGES and £25 for the staff do - with some pennies for food when I run out ( close to it )..

I do love living like this... FRUGAL ME!!!

Miser Lilt I am proud of you and must say I saw some brand new Jones the Bootmaker court shoes in my size at the charity shop and a brand new short sleeved vintage style cardy which I WALKED AWAY FROM!!!! This saved me £16.99 although would have done something special for my wardrobe as I am looking like a hobo recently... too much work and not enough snooze time leave me only safe in flat shoes...:rotfl:

Right I have a list to get to today...
    • Mechanic Call - Done
    • Post Christmas card to Granny - Done
    • Email friend about money saving - Done
    • Find addresses for relations in Oz -
    • Plan food for the week and the few days I am back from Ireland before being paid -
    • Get few items on eBay to end in 3 days -
    • Pilfer all funds out of PayPal -
    • Consider selling organs -

I shall be back..

Onwards and Upwards....

x x x

EDIT: - Just been told the 3 course meal we are hitting on Thursday is only £12.95?? And with £5 already paid this is now £7.95. I am a VERY happy NSK!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Yay! Welcome back Kat. Hope your cat is ok & happy to see you!

No broken legs or anything? :)

Nope none! AND even better was not subjected to the rail replacement service which usually adds 45 minutes onto my journey each Sunday I dare to venture out... it made me happy to read all the way home ( I get super sick on buses )..

Hows the little Sumo today?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure