suggestions - small car easy to get in and out

2»

Comments

• jase1
    jase1 Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    Mitsubishi Colt or Space Star -- although the latter is now both a little long in the tooth, and quite big relatively speaking. But it does have a great driving position and cured my Ford-induced sciatica nicely.
  • Idiophreak
    Idiophreak Posts: 12,024 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    marlot wrote: »
    My mother in law (severe arthritis) manages to get in and out of our Jazz pretty easily. Indeed, much more easily than any of the other cars in the extended family. The doors open wide, the seat is at a sensible height and she finds it possible to swing her feet in.

The rear 'magic' seats in the Jazz make it super practical - we've managed to get a sideboard in there!

Quite agree, I'm big and mobile, but find my Jazz really accessible, easy to get into the front and the back - and the magic seats are, indeed, genius. Not sure you'll get a decent new-shape Jazz for 4k, though?
  • Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They do a mini version of the scenic that I can't remember the name off at this moment. One of a neighbours has one as it easy to get in and out of for his wife.
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The Note is a great car. The Mrs has one and she has mobility issues. Brilliant little thing, small fuel tank but plenty of go from the 1.6 and considerign it is screwed together in sunderland it feels very well built! :)

5t.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • citykid5
    citykid5 Posts: 821 Forumite
    peugeot 1oo7 electric slideing doors and are a real bargain secound hand
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Get a second-hand Nissan Almera (2005/6). Not the trendiest, but a really nice drive on an automatic!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    Fiat Panda might meet your requirements. Cheap too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure