Fredrickson International

Comments

• Hi everyone - Need more help I sent then a 'prove it letter' and they sent back a letter saying the following;
    Thanks you for your recent communication the contents have been noted.
    The original creditor in this matter is O2 and the outstanding balance elates to a mobile phone contract taken out on 18 of June 2007 we note that you have already admitted liability for this debt as you last made a payment in the sum of £135.89 direct to our client on the 31 July 2007.
    We have neem instructed by our client to act as agents in relation to the collection of the outstanding balance which they believe is lawfully due from you.
    We hope that this clarifies the matter and look forward to hearing from you with your payment proposal.

- What should i do now - thats all they have sent no bills detailing this debt - no o2 contract etc just another letter - Im annoyed because it has turned out to be that o2 phone - and the payment of 135.89 was to pay a bill - nothing to do with this - what can i send now ?? SOrry I just need more Help on this.
    Thanks everyone - and hope my posts help others in this situation
  • hi sorry can i just add the day i sent them my 'prove it' letter - i recieved a letter with a payment card and it said 'this debt wont go away' you have failed to make a reasonable repayment offer etc - should i send another letter smiilar prove it but outline what constiutes 'proof' - what i want to see is a contract outlining airtime on the o2 and costs of calls per a minute etc and then i want to see the statements when i ran up this debt - I said this all to 02 at the time because i didnt believe them and it was at that point no where near the ammount Fredrickson are quoting.:(
  • Fight your corner. When they send you the itemised bill, then its up to you whether to acknowledge them or not.

Debt Collectors are the scum of this earth!
    :smileyheaMarried on 20/07/2012! :smileyhea
    :DBought my new car 11/08/12:D
    :cool: Save £12k In 2013 Num 009! £5502/£5000 :cool:
    Save £12k in 2014 Num 22! £2131/£3000
    Emergency Fund £0
  • pauletruth
    pauletruth Posts: 1,133 Forumite
    your nearly at 5 years. try to hold off for another year. they won't take you to court as its a historic debt and it will cost them loads to chase.

I would suggest writing to them and telling them that you dispute this debt and that you require to see the credit agreement and the terms and conditions. with a bit of luck they won't have them and you will be off the hook.

don't worry if they threaten you with court. its all bull. if they were to go for a ccg you have then the chance to make offers of £1 or so a month.

whatever you do don't admit it. don't offer to pay and really don't let them get your phone number.

try turning it on them instead of them hounding you always respond with a demand for something. it really annoys them.
    you can find the form letter somewhere on here.
  • cantfindanamenotin
    cantfindanamenotin Posts: 44 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2011 at 8:58AM
    If I got to 5 years would it be barred then?? I thought that was 6 years and that mobile phone bills were exempt ?? Is that completely wrong??
    I am not admitting it because I asked for to provide a breakdown because it was so high and the bill didnt make sense etc
  • pauletruth
    pauletruth Posts: 1,133 Forumite
    5 years up here 6 down in england. they are chasing you on a debt covered by a credit agreement. thats the issue. without a credit agreement they have no case to chase you. i have never heard that phones are diffrent cant see why they would.
    even better that you have a dispute with the warehouse. after fighting them over them proving that they are allowed to chase it they then have to prove that the debt is valid. you should enjoy this. just remember if they could have made you pay they would have done by now.
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Right - so this debt they are chasing relates to a phone bill? if its a phone account then its not covered buy the consumer credit act and there isn't a consumer credit agreement for the debt as its a service contract. But a mobile phone account is still covered by statute barred rules.

So the contract started in June 07? and did you pay £135 in July? and was it for this contract? So was it the July bill you disputed back then?
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • cantfindanamenotin
    cantfindanamenotin Posts: 44 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2011 at 8:59AM
    I paid the £135 for a phone bill (which seemed high but i paid)
    And now here we are 4years later - I would like to see a copy of my contract with the airtime allowence etc and then the bills that i alledgedly ran up (I asked for these at the time) before I agree a repayment plan - as its a mobile phone do they not have to supply it??
    The national debt helpline said that I need to be seeing the contract and the bills before i pay and that there word isnt proof, is that right ?
    What should i do now send another prove it letter outlining what type of proof I would like to see I am really not happy about paying 670 - I have no idea where they are getting this figure from, I have quoted word for word the letter they have sent me - is there letter proof? Its not even correct as they are saying i admitted liabilty which i didnt - i havent ever paid anything on the phone bill in question because I queried it straight away.
    I feel like i am in this situation because nobody can be bothered to investigate so just sold my 'debt' off to get rid off me -
  • Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    There last letter is not proof, its just garbage.

I would send another prove it letter, refer to the last letter that they sent to you and say you need detailed proof of the alleged 02 debt, copies of invoices/statements etc. Make sure you again include the I do not acknowledge any debt to you line.
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • Tixy wrote: »
    There last letter is not proof, its just garbage.
    Thanks you not only have you been helpful you have made me laugh:rotfl:
    Will keep everyone informed as there are similar threads but never the final outcome
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure